This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Is posible a xfce zorin base in the future?

hawkman

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:19:24 pm

Is posible a xfce base zorin in the future? I ask this question because i thinks this is the most "similar appearance" enviroment almost equal to gnome 2 and cutomizable as this. I thinking taking this as a base but modified as is doing actually with gnome 3 to zorin enviroment i think could be maybe a more flexible customizable zorin OS. What the friends here would think about this idea? and the developer?

order99

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:37:59 pm

I'm just an end user myself-I sort of rely on GUI controls for ease of use and input. I've tried KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox and ICEwm and been okay with each-no fancy bells or whistles needed as long as the interface was clear and did the 'heavy lifting' a more accomplished user would handle with command lines.

I've been a Zorin OS Lite 7 user for about three weeks now, and while I picked the Lite version for its low, low system requirements (only have 512 Ram at the moment) I have pretty much fallen in love with XFCE. It couples the resource-light elegance I appreciate with more visual appeal and ease of use than I was counting on or hoping for-and coupled with the 'we'll take care of the Dependencies' Debian filesystem...I think this might be my favorite OS in years!

I for one hope than a Zorin Lite with XFCE remains part of the Zorin stable for years to come!