This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Zorin Suggestions and thoughts

r912525

Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:22:35 am

Hello Zorin 9 and 10 Ultimate user here and love what you have so far but these are my thoughts on what it could use so far.

1. Dual Taskbars for dual screens
- Not sure what more needs to be said here but an integrated solution with Zorin would be nice as a lot of Linux users these days seem to use dual monitors and having dual taskbars would be great. Perhaps this could be a Windows 10 option in the look changer.

2. More Default Applications options.
- Would be nice if it was more than 6 options. For example a text editor option would be nice. Or at least a "remember this option" check box when you select another application.

3. Snap upgrade functionality.
- Not to compliment Windows too much but I have to say that Windows 10 may have one of the best quadrant snap functions out there if you ask me. I would love to see similar functionality in Zorin. If there is a way to do this already then I would love to know. Even if there is a way already it would be nice if it had that smooth feel to it Windows 10 does.

4. Make it so when you hover over the Zorin menu it does not state "Zorin menu"
- Minor complaint but if you don’t move your mouse off it you cant see what you are typing.

That is all I can think of for the moment. If anything I said is already implemented and I am just ignorant please say so. Thanks for the read and have a great day.

Swarfendor437

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:39:40 am

Hi, thought this would be better placed here rather than feedback. ;-) :D

cloud985

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:10:21 am

Is it possible for Zorin to hit Android soon? I'd love to see it on my Xperia M2. :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:08:30 pm

cloud985 wrote:Is it possible for Zorin to hit Android soon? I'd love to see it on my Xperia M2. :D

I don't think Zorin Team have the resources for the mobile platform - even though I promulgated a similar thought myself! :) :D