This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Stop authentication

Mikhail

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:48:19 pm

How can I remove the log-in and authentication requests. I am the only user of the computer so these are unnecessary. Thanks.

zorink

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59:35 am

You can enable automatic log in by opening the menu and going to System>Administration>Login Screen.
Then select the option to log in automatically. It is not recommended to turn off authentication when installing applications etc as this can allow malware to access the system.

Mikhail

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:38:15 pm

Thanks Zorink, I did the first suggestion. Is there a good anti-malware that can be installed so the authentication can be turned off? If not, how do I extend the time period, after the computer is idle, when a password is required to continue? Thanks.

hamon

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:03:27 am

Mikhail wrote:Thanks Zorink, I did the first suggestion. Is there a good anti-malware that can be installed so the authentication can be turned off? If not, how do I extend the time period, after the computer is idle, when a password is required to continue? Thanks.
You can go to system> preferences > screen savers, and uncheck lock screen when idle, and set the idle bar to up to two hours, so it won't go to sleep.