This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[ask]where do i can find the Epson LQ-2180 driver for zorin?

angversen

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:41:10 am

how to find driver epson lq-2180 for zorin os/linux?? share the link please!!! thanks

maxmm5

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:07:52 am

Hi angversen, Plug your printer to your pc and make sure it was on, then hit the following; Start/System/Administration and finally "Additional Drivers". The system will find a compatible driver for your epson automatically. Good luck...

maxmm5

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:50:54 am

Thanks swarfendor437 for additional info. Regards

angversen

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:15:50 am

thanks maxmm5 i will test the way that you post..
swarfendor437 : i've download the link that you gave to me. but the content is not a driver.. thanks for the help!!!

Wolfman

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40:45 am

Anonymous

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:01:58 am

Hi together,

have a look here.

Regards
Andreas ;)

Anonymous

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:06:14 am

swarfendor437 wrote:
Unfortunately that driver is .rpm (red-hat package manager) not a .deb file!

You can install one rpm-package in Ubuntu. Have a look here.

Regards
Andreas ;)

FamousImposter

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:20:51 am

swarfendor437 wrote:
angversen wrote:thanks maxmm5 i will test the way that you post..
swarfendor437 : i've download the link that you gave to me. but the content is not a driver.. thanks for the help!!!

Hi, sorry about that - just tested it myself. Can I suggest you try an alternative model driver listed in 'Add Printer'? This has worked for me in the past with Canon printers. Go to System/Admin/Printing.
Click on Add - select serial port - change the settings that match parity etc and baud rate to match those of the Epson. Next click on forward - this will search for different manufacturers installed - click on Epson - then choose either LQ-850 or LQ-2250 - the latter might be less compatible as it has a higher number.

worked for me using my brother HL-40 and to change it to HL-2030 yeah some time ubuntu loads the wrong driver so look for someone who has tried to install your printer and see what they used. It also had a recommended by the HL-2030 so yeah try this method it might be a hit and miss but its worth the try. Had the same problem when i was using ubutnu but it worked here better because it was explained better.