This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

No CPU temp support in ZorinOS 5

TLM

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:05:17 am

Hello,
I know ZOS 5 has not officially been released as of the time of this posting, however I saw on ibiblio two new iso go up on May 31 and June 1 under the directory 5. I downloaded them both and am running the 64 bit live off the cd right now. Looks pretty good, love the splash rotation on bootup. One small problem. I went and added the the computer temperature monitor for Gnome from Synaptic Package manger. When I add it to the panel, it says it is not supported. I did not have this issue on ZOS 4. I just ran the ZOS 4 64 live cd to double check and the temperature mon works ok in it. Is this a Ubuntu issue with Natty? (BTW you have to log out and back in after downloading temperature monitor before you can add it to the panel) Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

System Specs:
Biostar K8VGA-M motherboard
AMD athlon 64 3700+ Clawhammer CPU
2 gig RAM
Nvidia 6200

TLM

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:22:10 pm

Thanks! Indeed, I too will be staying with Maverick Meerkat for now. ZorinOS 5 is going to be great! Just needs some more time. Looking forward to it.

VanR

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:36:58 am

They are working for me in Zorin OS 5. Just type "sensor applet" in Ubuntu Software Center" I've got CPU. Nvidia GPU and HDD temps showing in my task bar. Make sure to tick the Hard Drive monitor box towards the bottom before you install.