This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Recommended Graphics Specifications

caryxander

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55:29 pm

What is the recommended video requirements for good performance. I'm currently getting choppy video performance with my integrated VGA adapter and better performance with a PCIx video adapter. I'm willing to upgrade to a better graphics card, but I need to know the recommended (rather than minimum rquired) specs first.

caryxander

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:22:23 pm

I'm installing on an hp ProBook 4710s with the below specs. Will these specs get me the full experience that Zorin OS 5 can deliver?
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6670 (2.20 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 (discrete)
Microsoft DirectX 10.1 capable

caryxander

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:47:53 pm

I initially installed it as a test on a PC. That's the one with the choppy display. I'm ready to install it for production on my ProBook... just hoping the graphics chipset can handle it. I was just thinking that there must be a recommended graphics spec such as "you should have at 512MB graphics memory for best performance" or such.

Wolfman

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:45:30 pm

Go into Control Center and look at "Monitors, try dropping the resolution of your screen down a little and see what happens.

Regards Wolfman :D