This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 9 Ultimate [ Wine [ C:Drive ]

syfer

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:32:25 am

Hi Ok so today I have Zorin OS 9 Ultimate installed on virtual machine but most windows program just don't install.

The problem here their is no cdrive that is called cdrive hard drive and this main problem with this os.

Most program like adobe Photoshop cc need the a hard drive called cdrive I tried to install it all i got up up step were its tells us going to install to cdrice
C:\Program Files\Adobe
but the next button did nothing even navigating to another location did not work so what I can gather from this test I think we need to improve this with update or in the next version that you make.

We need hard drive called the cdrive and we also need the following folder like windows.

The main folder are
C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\ProgramData

C:\Users\Umar Laptop\AppData
C:\Users\Umar Laptop\AppData\Local
C:\Users\Umar Laptop\AppData\LocalLow
C:\Users\Umar Laptop\AppData\Roaming

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc

As some of these are missing and the fact most windows program NEED A HARD DRIVE CALLED CDRIVE not just in the folder wine.

I think you half way their but still needs improving as its not 100% all windows program don't work so what I will say is this you are half way their not quite their yet but it start.

You need to re design the code so that all programs work not just some. I think if you can some how emulate the cdrive with a proper c drive hard drive along aside your os I think then most program would work but as you have not done this most program don't work I am sad to say.

It does needs that's why I would like it if in your next version of your os that you make the changes so that ALL PROGRAM WORK and not just some.

I did the configure the wine but it still did not work.

I think some coming from windows will be a bit disappointed as their windows program done work.

I think another solution will be a virtual hard drive that called cdrive that emulate the cdrive with separate drive for windows that is called cdrive that emulate widows just like virtual hard drive that i created on my computer for testing your os.

If you can make a virtual drive called cdrive and have all the folder windows come with then this could just be the best solution to all of our problems.

I would like it if you can make changes to the code for the next version of your os.

Anonymous

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:17:51 pm

There is a [ cdrive ] in [ wine ].
I suggest you learn how to use [ wine ] before setting forth any complaints.
The easiest way for you to find it at the moment.
Open [ Zorin Menu ] > [ Wine ] > [ cdrive ] :D :D

Note : Wine/PlayOnLinux

Wine Website : https://www.winehq.org/

>>>>Will do all of the above....but one has to take the time and read to know what is where and how.<<<<<

Anonymous

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:15:23 am

This is Zorin OS 9 Ultimate 64-bit
Screenshot [ wine ] !!!!

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:01:58 pm

Also to add what Gizmuntu has said, WINE is a totally different project from Zorin - suggest you visit their site for the lowdown:

https://www.winehq.org/

[PS - Deleted your poll as it was inappropriate! ;) ]