This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[STICKY] Chrome Browser Setting on Zorin 9 Fixes Aggravation

mdrone

Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:32:08 pm

After one of the more recent upgrades of the Chrome browser (currently at version 39.0.2171.95) on my laptop running Zorin 9, I was experiencing an aggravating problem with this browser. After every shutdown / reboot of the OS, the next time I would start the Chrome browser, it would tell me that there was a problem with the previous session and show a [Restore] button in its upper section. Clicking it would, naturally, restore the tabs that I had been using during the previous browsing session. Closing the browser and relaunching it would then put it back to normal with my standard tabs.

After a few minutes with Google, it turns out that Ubuntu users were experiencing the same problem, which can be fixed in the browser's Advanced Settings. It seems that the "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed" option is pre-selected by default. If the checkbox is unchecked, the problem goes away. See the attached screenshot.

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:14:10 am

120 blue jewels to you sir! Have made it a [STICKY] so it goes to the top of the list as it is the most recent contribution! :D