This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[ Sticky ] Zorin OS 10RC and Final FeedBack Here !!!!

Anonymous

Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:12:24 am

Leave your FeedBack here !!!!
The more info/data [ Zorin Group ] receives as input...the better things evolve !!!! :D :D
Don't ask for help here on this thread !!!!
Use the appropiate section of the forum relative to your problem !!!!
[ Bugs ] [ Positive/Negative FeedBack ]

Take screenshots of all bugs...if your able at the time of the twilight episode !!!! :D :D
Pictures sometimes explains the story better than words !!!! :D :D

atlasraven

Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:56:58 am

I'm downloading now. What improvements can we expect from 9 to 10?

2guntom

Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:24:52 pm

Downloaded 32bit.
checksum passed.
Startup Disk Creator FAILED to create USB stick; gave error and crashed.
Successfully created bootable USB stick with Unetbootin.
It will run "live" from USB but gives error when I try to install.

Is this normal?

r912525

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:55:11 am

I have tried both a USB install and a DVD install and run into the same issue. After installation is complete I login and then the login screen goes away and nothing happens.

By nothing I mean that the login request and options in top right go away and all that is left is the background image and my mouse pointer (which I can move around). Buttons seem to do nothing at all. The only way to get out of the screen is to wait till it goes black to get back to the login screen to shut down/restart.

Would love to see a solution to this.

Dasto

Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03:05 am

I have Zorin 10 RC 64bit running on PC and Laptop, Zorin 10 RC2 32bit on old laptop.
Mostly all is good and stable. The only issues I am having so far is an issue with the panel and keyboard local.

When I run VLC or Clementine the panel icon on far right is larger than the rest of the icons and expands the panel down(below bottom screen edge).
So half the panel is not visable. Once the application is closed, the panel resizes back to normal. To remedy this I have disabled the panel
icon from both applications and all is good. I have tried setting panel icons to different sizes 20pixels all the way to 50pixels but the application panel icon
is bigger that 50pixels.

Another issue I had was during install I stated English(UK) keyboard but when I ran installed system it was set to English(US) keyboard.
When I went to edit the Text Entry settings some of the text is not readable as the font is very light green in colour. (see screenshots below)

Zorin, could you please look into setting a maximum/default size on new(app) panel icons(or something like this) and fix keyboard local to resolve these issues.

Please see screenshots below.

All good otherwise, keep up the good work :D

default.jpg
Default - with nothing open
VLC.jpg
VLC
Clementine.jpg
Clementine

Text_Entry_1.jpg
Text_Entry_1
Text_Entry_2.jpg
Text_Entry_2

Raider0001

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:59:29 pm

This is how Zorin OS 10 looks like after a click of a mouse button:

Yep, completely crashes the desktop, this mouse button is set up to open file manager in OS like Mint or Windows

Anonymous

Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:25:08 pm

Raider0001 : This I want to know what your referring to.........

Reason I come across most all the known bugs accept yours.
Make/Model Computer
What graphics driver version...if any are you using ????
I personally logging these problems for future reference...just in case !!!! :D

Anonymous

Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:28:07 pm

Dasto :
The panel issue with the bloating icon in notifications is a major bug.
Personally noticed the bug last night when messing around with ZOS10 RC !!!!
Relayed the issue to Zorin Group !!!! :D

Raider0001

Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:53:27 pm

Gizmuntu wrote:Raider0001 : This I want to know what your referring to.........

Reason I come across most all the known bugs accept yours.
Make/Model Computer
What graphics driver version...if any are you using ????
I personally logging these problems for future reference...just in case !!!! :D

PC Desktop:
cpu: Intel Core i5 4430
mobo: MSI H87-G41 PC Mate
mem: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9
gpu: VTX R9 280 X-Edition (about the driver i think it was standard x-something)
LCD: LG 25UM65-P
sound: Asus Xonar DX
PSU: Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W 80 Plus Gold
DVD: LiteON iHAS 124
USB1: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
USB2: A4tech Bloody B120
USB3: MSI Interceptor DS100
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Anonymous

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:09:28 pm

Raider0001 >

If your using the graphic driver that came with the kernel.
Other words nothing has bee installed by you personally relative to a graphics driver.
If not.....
Then goto [ ZMenu ] > [ System Tools ] > [ Preference ] > [ Additional Drivers ] and see if there is anything relative to a graphics driver in that window that pops up !!!!
If there is.... install the driver and see what happens !!!!
Should cure the problem. :D :D
I don't do [ AMD Radeon ] to much helping others.
Nvidia I could tell you a whole lot more when bugs pop up in the subject of the matter
Don't take it personal, for I don't know Harry from Sally...what they door don't know about Linux when helping them out.

If nothing works at all....start a new thread in help and support or installation which ever !!!!

Anonymous

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:30:13 pm

Not [ Restart ] function via [ Zorin Menu ] !!!!
Has already been noted as a [ Bug ] to [ Zorin Group ] !!!!

Dasto

Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:42:48 pm

Having bloating icon issues(as I stated in my previous post) with qBittorrent as well. So it's not just affecting VLC and Clementine.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:03:23 am

Let's remember that this is a Release Candidate and not the Final Release - I guess the Devs need feedback to resolve these issues before Final Release! ;)

frits

Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:04:07 pm

Is it wise to install this? If the updates give the final, maybe yes. But I understood that this is not the case?

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:50:03 pm

That is correct frits - RC means it is almost ready, not quite so Devs need feedback with any issues that arise. ;)

frits

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:54:59 am

Okay, then I will have a look at the Live USB again on my HP Touch PC later today. Creating the USB same problem as mentioned here already. Unetbootin works fine. Snappy desktop while running as Live USB (as always :) ). Will add any issues here.

- AWN panel right icons are not shown.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39:05 pm

Hi, I did post in Brainstorm section - I really like what Jacque Raymer has done with Makulu Linux using Debian and Cinammon and still get a Windows look - plus the new printer was picked up in Makulu Beta!

Epanis

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:25:41 pm

Wonderful system ... had problems with the keyboard layout did not work ... my abtn2 Portuguese Brazil ... tried numerous ways ... it seems now returned ... When I restart it unconfigures ... Thank you and sorry for translation ...

http://i.imgur.com/uMCSwPD.png

Hensyr Wolf

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:25:21 pm

Hi,

I can announce that the install of Zorin OS 10 RC 64bit was succesful.

- Download from SourceForge 64 bit version
- Check with SHA1 checksum (not MD5) and succesful verify
- Burn the .ISO with ImgBurn at speed 4 on DVD with succes

- Choose on startup disk for Netherlands language (Flemisch Belgian and Dutch Netherland is the same language but other keyboard layout).
- Try Zorin OS 10 RC 64bit on computer with 4 GB ram, Intel Dual Core 2 x 2.80 GHz
- Before install Zorin i had to change the keyboard layout to Belgian in order to fill in the user password in later state of the install (not doing this result in a password in qwerty layout instead of azerty layout)
- Use in try-modus the program GParted to erase the hard disk and make new partitions with succes
- Install Zorin OS 10 RC 64bit and choose "something else" to make partition choice with succes

- After install i had to change the keyboard layout again to Belgian (azerty). This is normal because you can not choose on DVD start-up for "Belgisch" (Belgian Flemisch) but only for "Nederlands" (Netherlands Dutch)
- You can not restart the computer if you go via the menu zorin button but only via the button on the lower right screen corner, in Zorin OS 9 you had this choice also in the menu.
- I have chosen in extra hardware to use a not free firmware for the microcode Intel CPU instead of not using the hardware.
- I have the need for using NVIDIA 173 binary driver but that choice is not available in extra hardware, i know that the 340.76 and 340.125 drivers not work on a GeForce GT 230 graphical card so instead i use X.Org Nouveau driver
- Mouse pointer is black with white edges is that normal? i use to see a white pointer in Zorin OS 9 and before.

So far so good, everything works fine and i'm very happy.

Nice work!

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:17:52 pm

Thanks for the feedback Hensyr! :D

Anonymous

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:03:07 pm

Hensyr Wolf

For Nvidia [ Geforce-210 ] [ GT-230 ] [ GT-240 ]

Nvidia Driver 310 [ Great Fallback Driver ] relative to Nvidia 173 !!!! :D :D

Anonymous

Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:26:48 pm

Hensyr :
Now you have the 310.00 driver installed.....
Go to ZMenu > System Tools > Amidistration > Nviidia X Server Settings !!!!
If you can''t find it there......
Right Click > ZMenu > Edit > Look everywhere in [ Edit Menu ] to see if it's there maybe hidden > unchecked !!!!

If something doesn't look right the least bit..use Wolfmans method fixing broken packages..and that should fix any issue that may arise !! :D :D

Link : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Hensyr Wolf

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:29:54 am

Thanks a lot Gizmuntu,

Yes yes i'm very happy
The Nvidia X Server settings are there in the right place like you said: ZMenu > System Tools > Administration > Nvidia X Server Settings.
And it just works fine, i was able to change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 yeeeehaaaa

Nvidia driver 310 downloaded from synaptic packet manager like you said, i just did not know where to look, but now founded, thanks man.

yatorj

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:49:24 pm

Installed 64-bit version on Gateway AMD 64 machine w/ 2 GB of RAM on 21 July. I love the new look! And the install worked the first time! (not true with OS 9...). Only package I installed was BOINC (thank you for getting to v7.4.23 - like to know where that came from as I am a BOINC Alpha Tester and the latest test version is 7.4.22 and the current recommended version is 7.2.42!!!).http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php?dev=1

This morning my keyboard was locked and nothing I did would unlock it (and yes it's plugged in.... :-). BTW - not too Linux savvy but am pretty PC literate. When I rebooted I had to hit Esc since never went to graphic prompt I received 8 lines of "error: /dev/sdc,sdd sde sdb sdb sdc sdd sde ((n that order followed by) No medium found". The it asked for my passphrase (sda5_crypt). Finally came to logon screen. Saw some graphic anomalies, i.e, one pixel flash and lower right hand content never rendered. Now for the interesting part... when the screen turned off (I set it for 5 min.) the keyboard locked again!!!. HELP!
(This is my first post ever to any forum so forgive me if I'm not perfect...)

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:15:35 pm

Hi, screensavers were replaced with Screenlock - when you boot into Zorin next time go to Menu | System Tools | System Settings and under 'Personal' look for 'Brightness & Lock' and just uncheck what you don't want to occur or choose drop-down and select 'Never' (Lock screen) and/or uncheck require password to unlock. :D

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:51:54 am

OK, some nice additions to themes and you can still personalise. When I burnt the new 32-bit Core it reported some files missing or corrupted. Booted into live mode no issue, the problem appeared to be with Firefox. Nice to see that Look Changer now works in live mode without the need to install. I do hope that indicator 3 applet will be consigned to the rubbish bin in future releases - it is still the one sore thumb on AWN that cannot be 'themed'. Also, still no Windows Key launch of the Menu. I still feel in the long run Zorin should:

1. Go down the Debian Route

2. Have a Cinammon Desktop with Mate add-ons (proven by MakuluLinux)

3. A panel that enables both Window keys to launch the Menu (as can be done in MakuluLinux)

I do like the new 'Web Browser' uncluttered and fast. I would hope that Otter develops enough to be considered in the next release (Community version of Opera).

Overrall 9/10 - so far.

The test for me will be how it deals with the new all-in-one printer - makulu-linux picked it up better than Zorin 9 (and just so I am clear here MakuluLinux Aero Beta 2) in that it actually appeared in the printer interface showing the mac address too!

On a positive note, I do like the contrast available now that Black theme is present! :D

In live mode changed Panel to 3d mode then back to Lucido and AWN applets still in centre of screen:

Screenshot from 2015-07-23 01_06_58.jpg

yatorj

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:28:56 pm

Re: Screenlock. OK - took your advice and selected 'Never' which works - my screen is just now on all the time. Can I assume this will be addressed in the official release? And why did the keyboard lock - not just the screen? Must be a 'feature'.... :-) On a positive note - the other great thing about OS 10 is that my printer (networked HP Envoy 4500) was added correctly and easily vs. what I had to go through in OS 8. Kudos to the dev team!

renzor

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:57:45 am

Developers may already know this, but I recommend upgrading to the latest utils and tools e.g. linux, openssl! Most are listed here: http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=zorin

I am new to linux, i apologize if users should do this themselves.

ray Lewis

Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:51:17 pm

With Zorin 10 64 install My sound cards outputs are not recognised I'm using Asus xonar DG It only lists Headphones digital and surround sound but not speaker output.
( that is to say the green stereo speaker output on the sound card is not listed as a sound output option )

Onboard sound has been disabled in bios.

Zorin 9 64 ultimate works fine infact Zorin 9 is the only distro that works out of the box with both My Sound blaster and Asus sound cards that is kinda awesome when you think about it out of 10 or so distros tested only Zorin 9 works out of the box and no I'm not using both sound cards at once.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:40:14 am

Hi ray, great post, just remember 10 is a release candidate and is only aimed at people who crave for the 'next best thing' or want the next piece of cutting edge technology. If you have 9 and are happy with it, STICK WITH IT - it will be supported until April 2019 by which time the next LTS should be ready. Don't fix what ain't broke. As Zorin 10 will be based on Ubuntu 15.04 it will only be supported til end January 2016. All of these developmental releases will eventually get fed back in to stable updates to Zorin 9 (Just like Ubuntu 14.04) and will eventually lead to the next LTS Release in 2019. (The views expressed in this posting are those entirely of the Poster and do not represent the views of zoringroup.com or the Admins of this forum). :D

frits

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:29:17 pm

Tried to install it on a Lenovo laptop. Installation broke at the end. Was not able to finish it, tried several times. It was the RC, maybe the final is better?

feren CEO

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:03:10 pm

There is a bug with the Look Changer when the accent colour is changed in Theme Changer. PS: I launched Look Changer after I changed the colour with Theme Changer.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:12:17 pm

feren CEO wrote:There is a bug with the Look Changer when the accent colour is changed in Theme Changer. PS: I launched Look Changer after I changed the colour with Theme Changer.

Is this Zorin 10 RC? The Final Release is now out - your screenshot is unclear as to what the issue is - can you post a screenshot of what you changed from in Look Changer?

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:40:56 pm

I am running Zorin 10 32-bit Ultimate in live mode as I write this and really liking the dark (blue) theme with Firefox:

11.jpg

The sad part is that in Live mode neither Firefox or Web would let me upload the image - I had to download Opera (for i386) to add the image to this posting! :D

Wolfman

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:36:54 am

frits wrote:Tried to install it on a Lenovo laptop. Installation broke at the end. Was not able to finish it, tried several times. It was the RC, maybe the final is better?

Did you follow this advice?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

Yuri_fromBY

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:18:34 pm

Yesterday I paid the Zorin OS 10 Ultimate version and get the download links and file's checksums. The problem is the disparity between the checksums for the downloaded file. I just made about a dozen downloads; their checksum is always the same, bat these checksums do not coincide with those in the letter.

Two support calls no answers. What should I do? How to return the money spent in vain?

frits

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:38:41 pm

Wolfman wrote:
frits wrote:Tried to install it on a Lenovo laptop. Installation broke at the end. Was not able to finish it, tried several times. It was the RC, maybe the final is better?

Did you follow this advice?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

I always use USB drive. ;)

draganshadow

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30:21 am

I successfully installed on Dell Inspiron 7000.

This is my first try of Zorin on work computer and everything seems fine for now.
Great job guys !

Here a few notes and possible improvements :
  • Login screen is broken because of QHD screen, my solution was to force 1920x1080 in lightdm config
  • There is a bug when AWN is set to auto hide, Zorin menu appear at bottom of screen behind awn
  • Improvement : I would love to have access to regular Nautillus configuration window and be able to enable url bar, or at least an option to apply current folder setting as default setting
  • Improvement : Allow Quick setup of 2 AWN when using 2 screens
Keep going !

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:45:02 am

Yuri_fromBY wrote:Yesterday I paid the Zorin OS 10 Ultimate version and get the download links and file's checksums. The problem is the disparity between the checksums for the downloaded file. I just made about a dozen downloads; their checksum is always the same, bat these checksums do not coincide with those in the letter.

Two support calls no answers. What should I do? How to return the money spent in vain?

Hi, I always trusted Opera for Zorin downloads but if you read the advice Firefox and Chrome/Chromium are best to download this. My first download of Ultimate was with Opera 12.16 and the checksum did not match. I downloaded again with Firefox 39.0 and everything is as it should be. ;)

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52:12 am

OK, now have 32-bit Ultimate 10 installed - took around 40 minutes - have deleted OzDiamond BII for it and also removed Deepin 2014.1 as I banjaxed it a bit! :lol:

So far so good. I will try and attempt to do some 'tweaking' and hopefully record the process for the benefit of others! :D

[Just after positng I see Zorin 10 has a nice update function with contra curved arrows in awn and notice that indicator3 applet is getting an update - interesting!]

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:05:02 pm

OK, inidcator applet 3 still sticks out like a sore thumb when changing the themes of the AWN Panel - time for Cairo-Dock once more methinks! ;)

Just to add, total install time was approximately 40-45 minutes. The restart proved problematically - all indications it was going to restart but it ended with no signal on the monitor and the disc did not autoeject - had to manually remove the disc the press the reset button to do a restart. After the update had finished on reboot, I selected 'restart now' and had to give it a gentle push from the indicator applet to do a full restart.

One other comment about the AWN themes in the panel Preferences - the colour only changes the border of the panel not the Z - guess this will need to be done by selecting the Theme Changer 'global' settings in the menu:

Well I can't show you - Firefox baulks at uploading attachments - I will have to reinstall trusty old Opera 12.16 - I suspect Web will do the same as it would not upload in Live mode - had to install Opera in live mode to upload screenshot issues in RC! :(

And I am not going to even bother with Midori for uploading screenshots as it never worked from previous experience. If you want to install Opera for Zorin 10 32-bit, be sure to choose the i386 package as the x86_64 installer does not work (x86_64 should cover both 32-bit and 64-bit).

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:22:11 pm

OK from Opera, this is the upload I wanted to put in my last post:

11.jpg

As you can see, to change the theme to get the Orange/Red 'Z' Logo you have to use the main Theme Changer in Menu | System Tools | Zorin Theme Changer - changing the Panel theme will not change the 'Z'. ;)

I don't know if I will have time today but I may do a string of short desktop screencasts and string them together, a sort of Post Install 'Tweaking' vid if you will! :D

Oh, and I have lost the menu from 'Plank' clicked on 'remove' thinking it would remove 'Plank' from AWN instead of finding quit in error (I had caught plank in menu whilst getting to Screenshot below it! :oops: )

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:38:33 pm

OK, Make or break time! I have installed IceCat 38.0 to see if I can upload pics with this!:

Nope!

and IceCat is complaining that I should complain that there is non-free Java present! Which would explain why I can't add smileys either I guess! :-O

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:45:27 pm

OK so I have had to reboot (and now the Z plymouth no longer works after installing Cairo-Dock).

Well this is what I tried to post (Opera 12.16 will not run in Cairo-Dock DE in Zorin 10 but does work in Zorin DE! :o :shock: :? :x :roll: :twisted: :cry: :mrgreen: :arrow:

53.jpg

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:57:02 pm

Well now getting really frustrated, Opera would not launch in Cairo Dock but would in Zorin DE ... until I decided to uninstall AWN and install an older version to get the classic look - now Opera 12.16 crashes before it even opens and NONE of the default browsers or other sources I have tired will allow uploading images to the forum.

Sorry guys I am sticking with 9 I think and MakuluLinux :D :o :shock: :( :roll: :cry:

ezispark

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:39:25 pm

Just bought the Zorin OS 10 Ultimate 64-bit yesterday,..

I don't know if it happen to just me or you guys too,.. Well this only happen when I change the Zorin Look Changer into Mac OS X. When I'm in Mac OS X, it seems that whenever I click on restart or shutdown at the drop down menu [the power icon], it just logged me out,.. we can only restart or shutdown after clicking on the top right power button at the welcome screen... Is that happen to you guys too?

One more thing, I would personally prefer the traditional Mac OS X colour which is [red button - Close prog : Yellow - Maximize : Green - Minimize] like we have on Zorin OS 9 Ultimate instead of All blue button like we have on ZOS10 now... It would be easier for the new comer to recognize the button and yeah, it looks prettier in that way =)

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:27:09 pm

HI ezispark, In Zorin 9 at present. I will check this out and see if there are any workarounds! :D

ezispark

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:00:04 pm

Hi Swarfendor437,

Sure, go ahead =)

but I'm sorry guys, I've decided to going back to ZOS9. My reason would be:

1) The problem as stated on my previous post
2) In Mac OS X look, ZOS10 uses Plank Dock [which is much faster upon startup but lacks on customization] instead of Docky [which is slightly slower upon startup but offers a fair customization and animation] like we have on ZOS9
3) My Wifi does not works great on ZOS10 since I have to reboot my router each time I startup Zorin to get access to the Internet [Maybe it only happens to me :( ]
4) My touchpad also doesn't working on ZOS10 so I have to uses USB mouse instead [Again, maybe this problem only occurs to me,.. Idk... Maybe it happen because I'm using USB mouse when Installing ZOS10...]

However, don't get me wrong guys, ZOS10 works great on Windows 7 look and it looks much prettier than ZOS9.
So it's a matter of personal preferences,.. Like me, I would interested to feels the Mac OS X look instead of Windows 7 ,.. it gives me a different feels than what we have on ordinary Windows 7,..

So yeah, ZOS10 was definitely a great great OS available out there with such a beautiful and user friendly interface,.. You guys should try it once =)

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:16:48 pm

OK, if you want MacOSX style then install Cairo-Dock - it does work - don't let my 'tweak and break' as far as Opera is concerned put you off! You can install Cairo-Dock - see my video here:

https://vimeo.com/135585793

:D

Will still look at that window decorations - I need to see what I can do in 10 with Gtk Ch etc. ;) :D

[Sent from my Zorin 10 Ultimate 32-bit desktop! :D ]

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:16:40 pm

OK, this is the solution for your Mac Buttons on the wndows:

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=165450

But first install gnome-tweak-tool by using a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

This will install Tweak Tool under Menu | System Tools | Preferences

Now if you haven't got Gdebi Package installer already installed:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gdebi

Next after you have downloaded the .7z file of Zukimac, extract with Archive manager and then right-click the file:

zukimac-gtk-theme-for-gtk_3.14.deb

and select Open with ... Gdebi

Now open Tweak Tool and use the drop-down box to change the theme - zukimac comes after Zorin! :D

00.jpg

Yay, Opera is now working after reinstallation so I can upload screenshots of the changes! :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:25:12 pm

ezispark wrote:Hi Swarfendor437,

Sure, go ahead =)

but I'm sorry guys, I've decided to going back to ZOS9. My reason would be:

1) The problem as stated on my previous post
2) In Mac OS X look, ZOS10 uses Plank Dock [which is much faster upon startup but lacks on customization] instead of Docky [which is slightly slower upon startup but offers a fair customization and animation] like we have on ZOS9
3) My Wifi does not works great on ZOS10 since I have to reboot my router each time I startup Zorin to get access to the Internet [Maybe it only happens to me :( ]
4) My touchpad also doesn't working on ZOS10 so I have to uses USB mouse instead [Again, maybe this problem only occurs to me,.. Idk... Maybe it happen because I'm using USB mouse when Installing ZOS10...]

However, don't get me wrong guys, ZOS10 works great on Windows 7 look and it looks much prettier than ZOS9.
So it's a matter of personal preferences,.. Like me, I would interested to feels the Mac OS X look instead of Windows 7 ,.. it gives me a different feels than what we have on ordinary Windows 7,..

So yeah, ZOS10 was definitely a great great OS available out there with such a beautiful and user friendly interface,.. You guys should try it once =)

Hi, you coud deploy 3d look of the AWN panel:

31.jpg

The only messy bit is indicator3 applet so this works with logout etc and power off but can't logout in Cairo-Dock DE! (And Opera does not work in Cairo-Dock DE but does in Zorin DE):

41.jpg

ezispark

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:23:06 am

Wow it looks very Beautiful!

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Mr. Swarfendor437!
you sure put a lot of effort to find all that and I'm really appreciate it! =)

But to be honest, I've already downgraded back to ZOS9 Ultimate since my last post :(
Will go with ZOS9 for awhile now but I will try to find a good time to re-install ZOS10 again later

Anyway, this is how my desktop looks on ZOS9 =)

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:29:16 am

Hi ezispark - that looks really cool! Just remember, Zorin 10 will only be supported until January 2016 as it is based on Ubuntu 15.04 so expect the same life-cycle! ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:37:34 am

Update: You can remove Panel via the terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get purge Panel

Then:

Code:
sudo apt-get install docky
:

42.jpg

ezispark

Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:29:37 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Update: You can remove Panel via the terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get purge Panel

Then:

Code:
sudo apt-get install docky
:

42.jpg

Amazing! :o This is exactly what am I looking for! :D
I see,.. just remove the panel and install docky huh! You're genius!!
Just look at how simple yet beautiful your desktop looks like now! Thank you very much Mr Swarfendor437!
I'm really really appreciate it! Now I feel bad for having you to go through with all that difficulty huhuuu....

by the way, this is my ZOS9 looks after applied the Zukimac theme as you suggested before :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:24:56 am

Nice! Now you can help me out The grey cells are diminishing and I have forgotten how to move the min max close from right to left!

ezispark

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:48:26 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Nice! Now you can help me out The grey cells are diminishing and I have forgotten how to move the min max close from right to left!

Okay, It's my turn to help you out!

1) To move the Orb Icon [Min max close] to the left, you just simply enter this command:

Code:
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout 'close,minimize,maximize:'

Before apply:
http://i.imgur.com/mVA7Xuf.png

After Apply:
http://i.imgur.com/S0UvaJP.png

#You can always revert back to the original position by changing the Zorin Look Changer to Windows 7. :D

Got that code from here [seek to no.6]:
http://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8601

2) Well if you mean to adjust the transparency of the gray [window] bar, then here's how to do it:

go to software centre, install dconf-editor

Once installed, Open dconf-editor via System tools

Once opened, go to org -> compiz -> gwd

set metacity-theme-active-opacity --> 0.5 [or any value that less than 1.0]

set metacity-theme-inactive-opacity --> 0.5 [or any value that less than 1.0]

Here's the setting:
http://i.imgur.com/iUCAv8u.png

Hopefully this wil help :D
P/s: I have no idea on how do you upload the image with small box,so I just give the link for the image instead,.. :)

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:12:55 pm

Many thanks friend! Will take a look when I have some time! :D

Fringe Wizard

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:50:33 am

I've been trying out various linux OS, installing them to my 128 GB thumbstick drive, and running them on my alienware laptop. None of them could detect the wireless card by default which on Alienware is Killer 1525 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

Here is the fix for that I found... first download: http://blog.hyperexpert.com/wp-content/ ... .0_all.deb and put that on the desktop.

Do ctrl + alt + t to open up Terminal.

Then type this command
Code:
sudo dpkg --install /home/fringe/Desktop/ath10k-dkms_1.0_all.deb
and hit enter.

Except change fringe to your account name.

I would hope that in the future Zorin OS doesn't have this problem when you are installing it new on an alienware computer. I had to connect an ethernet cable to fix this issue.

Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum I am not sure where to put this. I have also a request that you make the power indicator capable of showing the power left in wireless mouse and keyboard just like on Linux Mint.

>inb4 someone mocks me for having an alienware laptop or for having one and installing Linux on it

I hate Windows and I only use Gimp and Blender and run Unity 3D in Wine and I play my games just fine on Linux.

If anyone knows how to install a persistent Linux OS onto a thumbstick drive so you can have your OS, update your OS, and have all your files all on the same thumbstick drive you can take anywhere please tell me btw. I tried various versions of Puppy and none of them worked for me.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:14:09 pm

Fringe Wizard wrote:I've been trying out various linux OS, installing them to my 128 GB thumbstick drive, and running them on my alienware laptop. None of them could detect the wireless card by default which on Alienware is Killer 1525 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

Here is the fix for that I found... first download: http://blog.hyperexpert.com/wp-content/ ... .0_all.deb and put that on the desktop.

Do ctrl + alt + t to open up Terminal.

Then type this command
Code:
sudo dpkg --install /home/fringe/Desktop/ath10k-dkms_1.0_all.deb
and hit enter.

Except change fringe to your account name.

I would hope that in the future Zorin OS doesn't have this problem when you are installing it new on an alienware computer. I had to connect an ethernet cable to fix this issue.

Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum I am not sure where to put this. I have also a request that you make the power indicator capable of showing the power left in wireless mouse and keyboard just like on Linux Mint.

There was a good point raised some time ago by another forum member that the problem with persistence is that your thumb drive is a cut-down version of an SSD and will have a limited rewrite life - someone did write a very good tutorial on here how they did it in the How-to section I believe - try to find it there - my personal favourite is MultiSystem which uses a drag and drop approach to OS creation on a thumb drive and will tell you instantly if MultiSystem supports it - not the case with Unetbootin which from my experience in the past has done all the gubbins then refused to launch - MultiSystem comes complete with VB and quemu - you can use the latter to test that your iso has taken correctly to the stick. :D
>inb4 someone mocks me for having an alienware laptop or for having one and installing Linux on it

I hate Windows and I only use Gimp and Blender and run Unity 3D in Wine and I play my games just fine on Linux.

If anyone knows how to install a persistent Linux OS onto a thumbstick drive so you can have your OS, update your OS, and have all your files all on the same thumbstick drive you can take anywhere please tell me btw. I tried various versions of Puppy and none of them worked for me.

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:33:22 pm

OK, thought I would take another look at Zorin OS 10 32-bit Ultimate - well all the menus now speak with Universal Access speech ... the downside? An individual with severely impaired vision is reliant on keyboard shortcuts - in particular, the windows key being bound to the menu - this should be looked at with some urgency - sighted users can see where the menu button is and can navigate with the mouse - but there will be no spatial awareness as to where the mouse is on the screen!

Sadly there is no backend to Orca anymore - this is entirely down to the 'short-sightedness' (pun intended!) of the Gnome Project not acknowledging the need for an 'exception editor' which Orca had before. The Gnome project in their infinite wisdom decided to build it (Orca) into the Gnome 3 desktop to prevent system crashes. Also it cannot be altered from 'all punctuation' to 'some' or 'most', nor can it be chosen for 'characters', 'words only', 'characters and words'.

Things are not looking good as far as accessibility goes for GNU/Linux in general - with the exception of Compiz accessibility settings - anyone requiring speech for navigation will be sorely disappointed! :cry:

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:29:20 pm

Installed Zorin10 32-bit yesterday and managed to get all the old Awn applets installed and here is the strange thing - I got the weather applet to work, including forecasts, but after I updated the system it has gone pear-shaped so have resorted back to Cairo-Dock once more and used it's weather applet. Also managed to get GnoMenu installed and bound the Menu to the Left Windows key! :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:18:51 pm

Zorin 10 ala Cinammon XP style!: