This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I love Zorin, but....

VoodooMystic

Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:05:05 am

I just love Zorin OS so much! My most favorite Linux distro, by far. However; Is there any possible way to get the old, Zorin 6 theme and icons in version 9? I'd love to have the old orb that was in 6, because I don't like the "Z" start button. I'd love to get 9 to look and act similar to 6, but still be 9. Not a big deal if it isn't possible, but would love it!

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:18:09 am

Hi, If you still have an old version of 6 you could run it live and look for the icons then move them into 9. I did do a customisation of using the old applets to get rid of indicator3 applet but things go wrong if the system gets updated - e.g., weather applet!

You could start with my 'Zorin Blue Moon' wallpaper! :D

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=154929

VoodooMystic

Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:47:35 am

Oh, thanks for letting me know! Will try it on a test install on Virtualbox before attempting it on a good install.

EDIT: Surprisingly, it didn't do anything. It kept the same icons.

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:36:49 am

You will need to take ownership of the Zorin logo - there is a thread on here where it was mentioned by someone. :D

VoodooMystic

Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:11:36 pm

I'll try and follow the tutorial, though I don't know why the Zorin team removed the ability to change the button's icon without altering the resources after version 6.

Swarfendor437

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:57:45 pm

I think it is basically their attempt to 'brand' the distribution like some other distributions do. ;) :D

I have tried using GnoMenu instead of ZorinMenu and this could be a kernel issue, I am not sure, or a libraries and size of button issue. When I did get GnoMenu installed the only other icon available is the famous 'Gnome' yellow footprint. You could change the logo to one of your choice - you would have to take ownership where it resides, rename it and call the new button of your choice the same as the 'old' default one. It has been a while but I think that is how I got the Azenis theme - then again it may have done that automatically after installing Cairo-Dock.

download/file.php?id=4006&mode=view