This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Does anyone know?

VanR

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:05:29 pm

Where I can get or download the Zorin sunrise splash screen that was in Zorin OS 4, but is not included in Zorin OS 5. I'm almost ready to got back to Zorin OS 4 because I like that plymouth screen so much. Is it possible to get off the Zorin OS 4 DVD somehow?

VanR

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40:53 pm

Yep I've tried and I don't see that particular splash screen in there. Anyway it was just a thought.

spatryx

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:51:24 am

When I had os4; I copied the theme folder from /lib/plymouth/themes/zorin-od-plymouth to a backup drive then modified the images to suit my needs in the gimp. Once I had OS5 Installed, I copied my backup folder to the same directory overwriting the contents there. Then I downloaded and installed "Zorin Splashscreen Manager" HERE. Upon running the manager I selected the folder I copied my modified contents to and VIOLA! I have my own customised splash screen with TUX! You can use this same method to get your sunrise animation back. I hope this is useful to you.

Note... I am a newbie when it comes to Linux... Not really much for playing with code, but I love to tinker with graphics. It stands to reason that you can copy the default sunrise directory without modification to /lib/plymouth/themes/ and it should work when selected in the Splashscreen manager.

I hope this is useful to you.

VanR

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:37:17 am

Thanks, but the problem is I apparently have to install Zorin OS 4 to extract the plymouth files from /lib/plymouth/themes. I don't have a spare partition or spare hard drive at the moment to do the install and virtualbox won't work.

maxmm5

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:41:15 pm

Hi VanR, You can get world sunrise from http://www.techdrivein.com/2011/05/5-stunning-plymouth-screen-themes-for.html, though it has ubuntu logo. I download it and have some changes with the help of GIMP. I used it as desktop background as well. Max

VanR

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:02:12 pm

Tried it (Live CD). It said I didn't have permission to do anything with the file. Even tried to set up evolution and email the file to my second email address and No Go. I'll keep piddling until I figure something out. It is defintitely there though under /lib/plymouth/themes. Just couldn't extract it or copy it. Wouldn't give me permission. How about you emailing it to me from your machine? :D

VanR

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:30:48 pm

Thanks. Don't got to a whole lot of trouble. I'll PM.

Sent you a PM. Let me know if you don't get it because it says it sent, but also says it is in my outbox. So I don't know if it sent or didn't.

VanR

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:12:09 pm

Don't even bother with the email my friend. Somehow I DID manage to email myself the folder containing the Zorin sunrise plymouth theme. Got it working already YAY!.