This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

one for the good guys! Zorin on neighbor's computer

woodsmoke

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:10:33 pm

I'll keep this short.
A neighbor lady down the apartment complex from me has had multiple problems with her Windblows laptops for the last several years, almost completely from her grandkids doing a "favour" for grandma by installing "helpful" software, and also her sometimes also just not knowing what to click.

She has asked for help all these times and has asked what I run and I described Linux and loaned her an old Toshiba Ubu Unity lappy once when she had to have working hardware to do some stuff.

Well, today she told me that she had her computer guy remove Windblows, which he put on just a few months ago, transfer over thousands of pictures, etc, and install "a Linux" called something named "Z".

Well, it is Zorin!

I, personally, think that Zorin is an OUTSTANDING choice for a new from Windblows user and she is happily fiddling with her pictures!

Don't know if the fellow is doing the commercial thing with Zorin and paying for anything associated with it, but hey, chalk one up for the good guys! :)

woodkeepupthegoodwork!smoke

bigonegotaway2

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:38:02 am

Why didn't you just put Zorin on her 'puter for her then that way you'd be her hero?