This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Congrats for version 12 Ultimate

zapz

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:10:43 pm

Hello,
That message to thank you for that great new version. Version 12 of Zorin OS is a pure jewel, visually appealing, great choice of software, working perfectly, very stable and powerful.
Many thanks

star treker

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:29:55 pm

WOW, with a glorifying review like that, the faster I go to the bank and put my money in the better. I am going to finish this delicious hot pocket, wash it down with some coffee, (yes I know you guys drink tea over there lol) and then get on over to the bank to put the money in, so that I can aquire that delicious OS! hehe :D

zapz

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:39:45 pm

LOL. I was already in "love" with version 9 and really more than satisfied with version 12 ;)

Socretes

Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:13:55 am

Installed and using Zorin 12 Ultimate (64-bit I7 PC with a Samsung 850 PRO SSD & 500gb HD). Simply flies (especially startup/shutdown). Very Professional ..even though I have already used Zorin's versions 6, 7, 9. I hope Zorin 12 Lite version forthcoming for my netbook!

nascar64

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:09:55 pm

Guys am happy for you that u love Zorin 12,well i love zorin ultimate 9 mostley that zorin 9 panel bar in the bottom plus zorin 12 don' t have compiz nor synaptic manager,nor the Panel bar ,3 very important package that i just love,i know i can install synaptic i don't know about compiz try it so far could not otherwise would buy Zorin 12 ultimate in a minute see my Zorin 12 cinnamon here,please help me if i can have the Zorin 9 ultimate panel bar in the bottom and compiz and will get Zorin ultimate12 NOW.tHANK YOU

star treker

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:43:01 pm

Synaptic Package Manager can be installed via the software center. After thats installed, you can install most programs through the Synaptic Package Manager. Compiz can be installed as well, I have it on my Zorin OS 12 installation. Thing to note however, Zorin OS 12 runs on Gnome Shell 3, because of this, there is less effects you can have on the system, so there is less that you can customize, but there is still stuff you can customize with Compiz. And while I can't say this for certain, as long as the panel you speak of works on Ubuntu, it should work on Zorin OS 12 as well cause remember, Zorin is based on Ubuntu, the only real difference between OS 9 and OS 12, is that OS 12 uses Gnome Shell 3.

BTW, that panel is looking really cool with that custom background. You might be able to do that with Zorin OS 12 but I am not certain. Other then looking amazing graphically wise, the other thing that Zorin OS 12 is good at and is quickly becoming known for is its excellent performance. This OS literally flies! Not that OS9 was slow by any means, absolutely not. OS9 was a fast OS sure, but because of the excellent use of integration technology in OS 12, it utilizes memory and CPU far better, which allows for a more streamlined experience. ;)

Del369

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:57:21 pm

zapz wrote:Hello,
That message to thank you for that great new version. Version 12 of Zorin OS is a pure jewel, visually appealing, great choice of software, working perfectly, very stable and powerful.
Many thanks

Totally agree, overall I love it, it has been like breaking in a wild horse but wow she's beautiful, in every way :)