This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

a very amazing OS

tybuzz67

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:59:33 am

Hello everyone!

I am new user to Zorin OS although I sampled a lot of Debian-based flavors such as Ubuntu 10 to 12, AntiX 16, Linux Lite 2.8, Ubuntu Mate 16.04, LXLE OS and other Linux based like Fedora8, OpenSuse11/12, PCLinuxOS 2007 and even PC-BSD 9. And one thing I can say is Zorin is also a nice and almost Windows-like than most that I have tried.

So I want to congratulate the developer for a job well-done. Keep up the excellent work and God bless.

onelostpuppy

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:24:56 pm

Wanted to add my thanks also.

Advertising it as a windows replacement is spot on. Keep up the great work!

Edit: The more I use this OS. The more I love it. I seriously think this is the best OS in existence right now. And I haven't even gotten the Ultimate version yet.

tybuzz67

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:31:56 am

I've been using Zorin OS 12 for about 2 months now. In my first post above I was very impress by it. But I think I am having a change of heart. This second month I've had a number of crashes and I have notice that the OS is getting clunky, so slow to respond, not smooth and the apps like LibreOffice lately have some weird nuances like when I try to highlight the whole page and want to change the font and font size when I click the font its ok but when I click font size I couldn't see the sizes its just blank and when I try to highlight the page again I couldn't so I try to exit but I can't see any words on the dialog box. And it is not only Libreoffice I mean other apps are just not working right. What's up? I didn't have these problem with the UBUNTU MATE 16.04 and was using it for almost a year before I switch to Zorin.

Let me know guys if you have experience something like these. I am really thinking of going back to Ubuntu Mate 16.04 or Linux Lite 2.8 I didn't experience crashes with these OS.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:58:40 am

tybuzz67 wrote:I've been using Zorin OS 12 for about 2 months now. In my first post above I was very impress by it. But I think I am having a change of heart. This second month I've had a number of crashes and I have notice that the OS is getting clunky, so slow to respond, not smooth and the apps like LibreOffice lately have some weird nuances like when I try to highlight the whole page and want to change the font and font size when I click the font its ok but when I click font size I couldn't see the sizes its just blank and when I try to highlight the page again I couldn't so I try to exit but I can't see any words on the dialog box. And it is not only Libreoffice I mean other apps are just not working right. What's up? I didn't have these problem with the UBUNTU MATE 16.04 and was using it for almost a year before I switch to Zorin.

Let me know guys if you have experience something like these. I am really thinking of going back to Ubuntu Mate 16.04 or Linux Lite 2.8 I didn't experience crashes with these OS.

Hi, have you beek keeping your system up-to-date and after installing any new apps in a terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
?

I think the problem with you not seeing anything could well be down to longstanding issues with GTK 3 and themes - makes somethings hard to see in any application - even downloads in Firefox. I had some issues with Gnome Shell/Extensions but is pretty stable now. The other thing to consider is to install a new theme for Gnome Shell - this certainly helped my setup but can't remember it's name - think there is only one I can access via gnome-tweak-tool - a definite must for the system - also see my post install guide here (not extensive!):

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12462

https://vimeo.com/219222247

;) :D

tybuzz67

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37:45 am

Hi, have you beek keeping your system up-to-date and after installing any new apps in a terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
?

Helo Swarfendor437,

Sorry I haven't been around logging in to this forum for quite a bit since my last post.
thanks for your suggestion although I did made some updates with Zorin but for now I'm just patiently putting up with its "nuances" for now and will patiently try this OS for another month or so as I am feeling a bit lazy and kinda want to give this OS another shot. I am going to post another thread though about networking on another category that is why I popped up into the forum.