This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 12 as an overall concept

krille

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:06:54 pm

Hey Zorin fangirls und fanboys :-)

First of all: I hope my english is okay. Maybe my grammar sounds a little bit to german :D Sorry for that!

I really like Zorin OS, not only because of the distro. It is also the beautiful website, which makes it very easy to get this OS installed, because of all the help directly there. I would like to have the feature to get translated versions, from all tutorials like they did it at Elementary OS, where I already was able to contribute some translations to german.

Also awesome is the ability to pay-what-you-want and the choices of flavours (Core, Education, Business, Ultimate ... ) and the ability to get a Lite version. I do not have to care which Desktop-Environment I should take, when I can get the nearly same experience on my old Netbook with 1GB of Ram and my desktop PC.

The GTK Theme looks nice and is very smart I think. All UI elements are VERY clear and so it is easy to find what you are looking for. Also the theme works well on all applications! (Yes, I am looking at you, Elementary ...)

What I would like to see on the website is, a more modern Forum with mobile support and a design which fits better to the website. Maybe something like this: https://forums.ubports.com/ with a the typical Zorin OS Theme. If I could help with this, please let me know! :-)

And one suggestion: What I liked in Elementary was the AppCenter with the pay-what-you-want-Apps. This caught a lot of developers to make apps but the problem is, that in my opinion, Elementary OS is creating a walled garden, because it's not easy to install this apps on other distributions. Maybe Zorin OS could make this a lot better with an own AppStore?

One last idea: A store would be awesome, where your fangirls and fanboys can buy Shirts, Sticker, DVD's, USB-Sticks and maybe preinstalled Notebooks? For me Zorin OS is an all-in-one-Solution, where I do not have to care about the base (Ubuntu) or the Desktop-Environment (Gnome/Xfce). It would be awesome If there is a possibility that I also don't have to care about the hardware anymore :-D

Keep going the good work! =)

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:30:14 pm

Something is about to be posted! ;) :D

Es wird etwas gepostet!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13729&p=60135#p60135

krille

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:47:23 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Something is about to be posted! ;) :D

Es wird etwas gepostet!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13729&p=60135#p60135

Nice ;)