This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Spanish Help Offering

pcfan5

Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:10:58 pm

Hello, I am new in the Zorinos family and I would like to contribute but helping you in creating an Spanish section of this chat or even by translating a manual. Let me know. ;)

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:03:13 pm

Hi, that would be most welcome! I was considering such a task myself using Google docs! If you are keen to help, and if your Zorin box is already set to Spanish, my advice would be to use Shutter over Screenshot and save as .jpg's for any manual you wish to create, then either upload to a cloud service such as Box, or free Google docs in html mode. ;) :D

I will PM AZorin and PM Zorin if they could set up a Spanish 'How-to' Section - I don't think they have capacity for a 'Spanish' section, as I requested on for the Greek community some time ago as they could no longer fund their own forum sadly, which is why I asked for Greek How-to section after the Italian one was setup. ;) :D

Let me know how you want to proceed. ;) :D

pcfan5

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:59:38 pm

Hi there!, I don't understan what Shuttle is? (I understand it is a program but never use it before), I am not and advanced user but I am ready to start helping you. I will do it slowly because I usualy work in the mornings. I was thinking in working over "writter" and then convert the file in html. I have already downloaded your ZorinCore manual, I am installing Zorin litte right now, which is better for my computer.
So I was thinking about translating from your manual mainly, so we could have an Spanish Manual.
I could start with ZorinCore manual and maybe later we can do a ZorinLite manual too ;)

Feel free to send me a private message if you like.
Sorry I havent't reply before, I wasn't notified by the system.
I would like to add, english isn't my native language, spanish. (just in case i don't understand sometimes) ;)

***off topic, I will be a bit delayed, since I have just installed zorin little and I don't have internet conexion yet, I will find out how to soon since my wi fi devide hasn't got privative drives for linux. I got it to work when the updates are done***

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30:09 pm

"Shutter" is a 'screencapture' program which is more configurable than 'gnome-screenshot' that comes with Zorin Core. ;) :D

pcfan5

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37:16 pm

Ok! , is it fine if I work like I mentioned before?

Pics will be delayed since my Zorin isn't updated right now, and please remember I will be using Zorinos Lite 12 version. So I hope I don't have trouble with pics...anyway we should check it together.

As I am newy in the Zorin family, I will have this OS as a second OS to make a transition from linux mint. Please If you like send me a PM it is not a problem. The sistem doesn' t notify me of your replays. Regards!!

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:49:43 pm

notify.jpg

That is because you need to check the box below the message area. ;) :D

pcfan5

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:05:00 pm

yes , my friend, I have done that already. Don't worry i will reload this page continously, let me know if you are ok with my way of working and if you think it will be a problem to transalate you core manual when i will be using zorin lite. anyway , I have zorin core in my usblive.... just in case.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21:02 pm

Hi, Zorin Lite uses a different Desktop Environment so the images will not relate and also a different package manager - if you can get VirtualBox installed and run Zorin Core in Spanish in that - that would be better - failing that I am happy to do the text in Spanish in due course - taken best part of this evening to create a work-in-progress pour Francais! ;) :D

pcfan5

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04:17 am

Ok I am ready to work now. I will start tomorrow. ;)

pcfan5

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37:32 pm

@Swarfendor437 check your in box :mrgreen:

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:39:11 pm

pcfan5 wrote:@Swarfendor437 check your in box :mrgreen:

@pcfan5 - please check your inbox too! ;) :D