This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help needed for frustrated installer!

myfanwydraig

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21:40 pm

Hello folks,
I have just spent several unsuccessful hours trying to install the latest ultimate edition of Zorin on my fully updated Windows 7 PC.
Having carried out the installation process to the letter, I have 2 problems.

1. Once Etcher finishes with 'flash', my PC informs me that I need to format my flashdrive as Windows does not recognise the file format. (iso) I ignore this & proceed to reboot into Zorin with the said flashdrive. This leads onto problem 2.
2. Having selected the flashdrive during bootup, after many seconds of the usual flahing white dash on black screen, my PC reverts to the standard Windows bootup.
I've tried different usb sockets...no difference. No matter what I try, I cannot get to Zorin.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or suggestions that may help me?

Here's hoping someone can help.

Thanking you in advance.

Tony

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:23:43 pm

Hi Tony, and welcome to the forums. No you aren't doing anything wrong - I have to say I ditched Etcher as soon as my AV reported issues with it in Windows 7. My preferred option is MultiSystem - unforutunately, you need a GNU/Linux distro to be present on the system in the first place,

I haven't used it myself but give Rufus a try:

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

;) :D

myfanwydraig

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:37:41 pm

Hi there Guru,
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll give it a try.
Regards
Tony

pcfan5

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:56:05 pm

Hi Rufus is pretty good, and you can also try with "Yumi"

zorinantwerp

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:59:43 pm

Tks your advice pcfan5. Making a mental note for the programs mentioned :)

+++

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:03:40 pm

From past experience "Yumi" let me down. If you have GNU/Linux installed, then MultiSystem is the way forward. ;) :D