This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to install Canon TS-8000 scangear software

Swarfendor437

Wed May 09, 2018 9:13:43 pm

Finston Pickle

Fri May 11, 2018 6:35:11 pm

Thanks, Swarf.

I have already installed scangear software using this method.

I found that entering literally from the .pdf ( the [code...code] bit) in the terminal gave "no such file or directory"

However, entering scangearmp2 opened the app - but it said "cannot find available scanner" - even though the printer/scanner is on permenently, listening out and printing well.

How can I get them to talk to each other - I don't want to go too deeply as the Canon TS 8050 was a pig to set up - and is still not working consistently from my Wife's I-pad.

Swarfendor437

Sat May 12, 2018 8:55:15 am

Hi Finston,

Having checked the specification, my advice to you is to connect it directly via USB to your computer (you also have to do that with HP all-in-ones) and tell it to connect to your router. I can't even remember how I did that! But once you have made a physical connection you should then get wireless connectivity unless there are things like reinforced steel joists or other electronic interference signals between the computer/tablet and the printer/scanner. ;) :D

I will try and get the printer driver instructions up this weekend - everything else permitting!

Swarfendor437

Sun May 13, 2018 1:50:24 pm

Hi Finston,

Here is the documentation for the printer driver:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... 5N9JMCkxek

;) :D

Finston Pickle

Sun May 13, 2018 4:51:14 pm

Strange, the printer is working fine through the router for printing from three devices - but can't be seen by scangear.

I'm not going back into setting the printer - so I will use my other scanning printer and my trusty Windows XP desktop, as I do now.

Thanks for the replies, Swarf.

Swarfendor437

Sun May 13, 2018 8:09:34 pm

Did you follow my advice and physically connect the printer by USB? Scangear needs a physical connection to setup I believe - once that is done, wireless scanning should be possible.

Finston Pickle

Mon May 14, 2018 6:06:18 pm

No, I didn't try connecting by USB - I think that it would end badly - I've never had so much trouble setting up a printer ever.

There are loads of problems that others have also had, not only with Linux, if you look on line.

I'm just happy to have the connectivity that I have achieved with the Canon printer - it won't work consistently with an i-pad pro - i-phone though, no problem.

Swarfendor437

Mon May 14, 2018 7:48:16 pm

Have you updated the firmware? You get notifications on the front panel. I think we'd only had this a couple of weeks and it needed a firmware update applying. The last printer had 2 possibly 3 firmware updates. ;) :D

Finston Pickle

Wed May 16, 2018 6:41:57 pm

Yes, I updated the firmware as soon as the update was notified to me - I think the printer did the notification, from memory