This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Do i have to purchase Zorin OS 13 Ultimate?

Stefan45DMC

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:57:06 am

Hi,

I am currently running Zorin OS 12.3 Ultimate. I bought it for 19€. Now my question is: When Zorin OS 13 Ultimate will be available, do i have to pay 19€ again or is the upgrade free?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

zorinantwerp

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:24:40 am

Hi,

well Zorin OS 12 is the first Zorin release to be a 'rolling' release so that at whatever version you are at, updates will get applied taking you up to the next release.

a donation is always welcome in support

+++

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:27:57 pm

I think you need to be aware that Zorin 12 is a LTS release and is supported for general and security updates up to April 2021. However, updates to the next major release will not be free in respect of the next major development of Zorin with regards to flatpaks and snap in respect of software installations as per interview with Artyom Zorin in Linux Frontiers. ;) :D

Stefan45DMC

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:49:21 am

Ok. Now i am confused. The one said it is a rolling release now and the other says that i have to purchase Zorin 13 Ultimate?!?!?!
How much will it cost then?

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:15:27 pm

OK, let's be clear. Zorin announced that there will be no more version numbers in the release of 12. So upto 2021 there will be iterations of Zorin 12.x as the current one is 12.3 you will automatically get updates as 12.4 - what you won't get is the addition of snap and flatpak packages that make software installation so much easier. So if you want access to these elements you would need to pay for 12.4 Ultimate and I would imagine about the same as 12.3. But pricing is set by Team Zorin so I don't actually know. ;) :D