This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can this be done? Gnome + xfce desktop

pcfan5

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:36:41 pm

Hello , I would like to ask something we already spoke about, but cannot find the thread, and I don't want to ask here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14034&p=61582&hilit=different+desktops#p61582 because it is another issue.
I love Zorin Lite, I want to make a fresh install in my laptop, but this has i5 and 4 gb ram so I thought maybe I could install Core , because I love the views , but I would like to have the xfce clock , and panel, is there a way to mix things...?

In fact what I want to do is to have Zorin lite, but with the option to see in "general view" my icons, such like this :

1.jpg

and this:

2.jpg

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:13:11 am

pcfan5

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:18:06 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:I suspect you need "pantheon"?

https://askubuntu.com/questions/766673/ ... -04#780382

https://news-cdn.softpedia.com/images/n ... 131-18.jpg

Hello, Again. This is the first time I opportunity to check your reply, thank you.
I am trying this from your link
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:elementary-os/daily 
but it sais:

Code:
ATTENTION!
Do NOT install this PPA if you want a tested running system, this PPA contains the newest and most unstable development of elementary, it's useful only if you are a developer and are not afraid to encounter CRITICAL BUGS.
Also this PPA may overwrite already installed packages you don't want it to!
Más información: https://launchpad.net/~elementary-os/+archive/ubuntu/daily
Pulse [Intro] para continuar o ctrl-c para cancelar

what shall I Do?

Ps: I found interesting, but don't know if this apply to what I am trying to achieve.... this package:"desktop-profiles" has this features:
Code:
[quote][quote]The different Desktop environments in Debian all offer the possibility of
customizing them through the use of profiles (sets of configuration and/or
data files). Usually it's also possible to stack configuration sets,
combining the customizations provided by a number of profiles.

This package offers a standard cross-desktop way of managing the conditional
activation of available profiles. As such it is useful to both administrators
(allowing different configurations for different sets of users) [/quote][/quote]

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:00:31 pm

As my dear old Dad used to say "If in doubt ... DON'T!" - so stay clear. As for the second option, you need a Debian system to run the profiles you quoted, either Debian itself or a nice Windows lookalike - Makulu Lindoz 15. Looking forward to Makulu Lefthe late autumn.

pcfan5

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04:20 pm

I understand... maybe that feature is ment to be in Core for a reason... however I would like to know if it is called "pantheom" or perhaps it has another name..?

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44:51 pm

Open up Synaptic Package Manager and search for Pantheon. ;)