This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I don't like Windows 10 theme and appearance

Win7vsZorin123

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:22:37 am

Please bring back old Zorin OS theme and appearance because it's looking way a lot better than Windows 10 theme and appearance!

zorinantwerp

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:39:48 pm

Hi

why not try something different than looking at the past
under Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+t)
Code:
sudo apt update

Code:
sudo apt install cinnamon

log out/in and select cinommon

to un-install
Code:
sudo apt-get purge cinnamon

read also if you want in fact the Xfce from the light Zorin OS version back (you run core or ultimate?)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13572

Please advise outcome
+++

ImpWarfare

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:51:48 pm

What version is that you are using is it v12.4? That looks awfully different to mine and mine is the default theme and appearance including desktop environment which was installed with the disc version did you customize your desktop to look like that in the screenshot that doesn't look like the default appearance in my view.

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41:42 pm

Skynet100 wrote:What version is that you are using is it v12.4? That looks awfully different to mine and mine is the default theme and appearance including desktop environment which was installed with the disc version did you customize your desktop to look like that in the screenshot that doesn't look like the default appearance in my view.

That looks like an old version of Zorin Lite, with a touch of LXDE (panel) and a different than normal Win7 style menu (like where's the user Avatar?) with a touch of Zorin 4 style wallpaper. I can see why people are attracted to LXDE as the panel has a similar look and feel to Win7 predecessor, Vista. Having tried recent RC's of Vista on OldOS website I can see why.

Here's my current Makulu LinDoz 15 (whose default environment is Cinnamon):

Screenshot from 2018-11-12 21-40-17.jpg

pcfan5

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:24:15 am

I would be cool to have the option to change to the panel stile of prefference , and not to be stuck into one option. I like the ones shown in the picture here.

Swarfendor437

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:37:42 pm

Hi pcfan5 - that is a specially crafted Cinammon DE - and the picture is of my Makulu LinDoz 15 64-bit install. ;) :D