This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Server Edition

ImpWarfare

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:33:35 pm

I was just wondering with Zorin Group releasing the Education, Business, Lite and Ultimate editions will they ever release a "Server" Edition for companies and normal users with servers? Ubuntu itself has a Server edition but I don't see a Zorin OS Server Edition I would love it once they become fully independent that they create a Server Edition since other OSes have one but so far not Zorin. How user friendly is Zorin for Servers currently?

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:17:13 pm

Hi, A member wrote how to deploy Zorin on a network but used a different OS for server, and I suspect the way forward would be to use Centos as I posted in the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7474

You need to be aware that the Development team comprises only 4 persons - the brothers Zorin and 2 full-time devs which is nothing like the scale of Ubuntu (Canonical). ;)

ImpWarfare

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:11:40 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, A member wrote how to deploy Zorin on a network but used a different OS for server, and I suspect the way forward would be to use Centos as I posted in the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7474

You need to be aware that the Development team comprises only 4 persons - the brothers Zorin and 2 full-time devs which is nothing like the scale of Ubuntu (Canonical). ;)

Even so its not urgent but would be a nice edition to Zorin for those who use a server and it might be ideal for those like big companies if they wanted to switch to Zorin OS. I've already suggested it to them and they came back stating that it may be considered in the future. So we'll see!

zorinantwerp

Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56:32 pm

Hi thanks for the update.
I would go for Redhat with full support.
Otherwise CentOS.
Oh MacDonald is using debian.

Cheers

ImpWarfare

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:18:02 pm

zorinantwerp wrote:Hi thanks for the update.
I would go for Redhat with full support.
Otherwise CentOS.
Oh MacDonald is using debian.

Cheers

With McDonald using Debian do you have lets say prove that they are? As for RedHat it would be interesting to see what happens to its Enterprise system with the IBM takeover but I've always found CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise a bit outdated and not as up-to-date as Ubuntu or other Linux-based systems.