This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(Solved) cannot install thrue USB only CD live works

pcfan5

Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:05:48 am

hello, I have created and USB Live with "yumi" (this app provides the feature to put several OS in a pendrive) I boots perfectly in my notebook however I cannot boot my desktop. I have an intel dual core processor, 4 gb ram, GPT partitioned, and have check the bios , in order USB booting to be enable... I don't know what else to check , once I got into the main screen which has white letters and zorin logo over a black background and these options are given : try , install, check disk,mem test, and something else.... It gets froozen when it says "booting with the selected option in one second", and nothing else happens...

I have also tried plugging the pendrive in the back ports, anyway I am able to boot into a linux mint USBlive option without trouble. I repeat , I can boot Zorin live through the same device in my notebook.(which also has bios)

Any more info I can provide, please let me know.

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:07:56 pm

Hi pcfan5,
I think it was yum that I first tried or similar and doesn't support all distros. Format your USB to FAT32 and put this on it:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13887&hilit=+MultiSystem

;) :D

pcfan5

Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:47:08 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi pcfan5,
I think it was yum that I first tried or similar and doesn't support all distros. Format your USB to FAT32 and put this on it:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13887&hilit=+MultiSystem

;) :D

Thank you , I have used multisystem for a long time...but I have discovered "yumi" is more compatible when trying to add several OS's including several windows OS .

Is this a problem of compatibility software??

The same pendrives boots ok in my laptop and in my netbook.

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:44:33 pm

Hi, I use rufus for Windows isos. I tend to use MultiSystem for all things GNU/Linux. ;) :D

pcfan5

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:04:58 pm

Multisystem is great, but I wasn't able to load into the same pendrive several Windows Iso, because it names them as "SOURCES" and cannot be changed... my idea is to keep my pendrive with this ISO's not changing them at everytime.

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:41:55 pm

I do feel that this is a Windows / M$ issue - notice that whenever you want to create a recovery media (USB) for a Dell notebook for example, it states that it wants to use for example 16 Gb of your (mine) 32 Gb Memory stick - but it warns you that it will remove everything off the stick for it to work. Similarly, if you want to backup any version of Windows from 7 upwards, using the inbuilt backup utility it also wants to wipe everything else off your drive - it is not environmentally friendly when it comes to data retention! ;) :D

pcfan5

Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:16:19 pm

the stranger thing is that I can boot my laptop but not my desktop. so I am not sure it is a "yumi" issue... maybe it is something in my computer...?

pcfan5

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:34:48 pm

Hi there, the solution for my problem is setting my Bios like in the pictures below.

20190106_201248.jpg

20190106_201339.jpg

Sorry for the flash mark. Also USB was set in first booting position, this time I didn't load the YUMI menu or boot from F11 (quick boot)

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51:52 pm

Hi pcfan5, Glad you are sorted, and thanks for sharing the solution. ;) :D