This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Merry Christmass to All the forum members!!

pcfan5

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:16:39 am

Hi there guys!!! I just want to give thanks to you all for being so nice to me in every question I post, always answering kindly , not judging , not acting like superiors.. I have tried Zorin Core OS for the fist time 2 years ago, I think, that was the version 10, then I used another distro -mint- and returned to Zorin Lite 12 due to the low requirements it asks, which fits my computer better.
But also because this year I have found many issues using mint on it, maybe because of its requirements, and all got complicated when I attached a device which wouldn't work under 4.13 until 4.15 was released for sure. Also it was concurrent with a great disappointment I had at the spanish mint ICR chat.
I was very badly treated by one member who also was "owner/moderator" of the channel chat (whom I thought "friendly"), who accussed me of being disrespectful, called me a liar and "encouraged" (secretly) other members there, to talk bad of me and also not to help me. All because twice I sudenly logged off the ICR chat, letting him hanging on line with an answer for me. There were no excuse words from me -within reasson- to be forgiven of "such a big bad behavior" I supposedly had..... all in all that bad treatment turned out into tears, maybe because I was the only female member there....I don't know never returned back, neither I wanted to, after such an unjust situation! ,and considering myself a right and honorable person...
All in all as we say in my country "there is no bad that for better comes" (every cloud has a silver lining)... and here I landed, in order to find a great distro (although I keep using mint without trouble in other devices) and good kind people who, maybe due to the design and intention of the forum, would never require a 24 for 7 online connection, or a "being continually part of the community" situation (in general and ironically way of speaking)

To sum up I thank you guys for giving me the chance to participate within all my ignorance feeling free to ask without hesitations, also to contribute with the unofficial Spanish manual, all in a comfortable and friendly space... special thanks to Swarfendor437 , and zorinantwerp.

May the light of this season fill all the members and developers lifes. Merry Christmas to all!

zorinantwerp

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:27:40 pm

Dear pcfan5,

Feliz Navidad

and a big kiss for your courage and determination in dealing with linux problems on your computer.

Love you :)

pcfan5

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:04:36 pm

Thank You!! Very beautiful tree!!!

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00:39 pm

Season's felicitations to all. And if you are in need of a moving Christmas wallpaper for Zorin Ultimate Background plus:

https://vimeo.com/196971936

;) 8-) :D

pcfan5

Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:01:52 pm

Spelling mistakes in my original post had been taking care off ;) . Sorry.