This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wireless problem for zorin 12.4

Neil

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50:01 pm

Hello my name is is Neil and I am having trouble setting up my wireless card I downloaded the driver like zorin said and restarted but I am still not getting any signal I have looked at some of the older forum post for help but I didn't find anything helpful it is installed on a Dell Inspiron 2200 the card is a bcm 4318 I can see my card in terminal and have a couple of book s on Lenox one is for raspberry pi and another 4th edition of the Lenox for dummies. And another book I can't find. I have enjoyed the little I have learned about terminal I am not the best a and the fact that you can learn to program. My dad is a programmer and he encourage me to try Lenox originally had difficulty with Ubuntu 10 so I never really got into it but liked what I saw about zorin sorry I rambled a little back to my problem I have tried a few things but no luck. I did see the driver did get installed to the etc folder. I downloaded it from Dell website. It installed to etc/ndiswrapper. The file downloaded to the download folder. I know how to get my terminal into root. I refurbished this computer everything works it just didn't work for windows 10 I upgraded to a new larger hard drive so it didn't have any drivers that is why I chose to use this software.i like to read so I would like to get a good book for beginners. Just want to get wireless working.

Swarfendor437

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:39:06 pm

Please look at the last post on this thread for ubuntu 14.04 here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/500819/ ... ot-working

Neil

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:26:38 pm

i tried all that the article suggested nothing worked i did find lenox drivers form brodcom only problem getting drivers where they belong. i thought maybe the lenox drivers would work better. i dont know why the wifi dosent work is their any steps after you install the windows driver that need to be taken befor reboot. or is ther any way to tell if there is a problem with the windows driver. i like this software. the windows software did detect card but still having troble with wireless thank you.

zorinantwerp

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38:15 pm

Hi

this broadcom card is notorious since last 10 years in giving issues all over the linux distros .
you need to connect your machine with a wired (cable) to internet to continue...
if not done before goto Terminal (trl+Alt+t) and insert
(line by line)
Code:
susudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter firmware-b43-installer

Code:
do apt-get install b43-fwcutter

reboot
check if you see in your taskbar the wi-fi icon
and start to fiddle with settings of network if it should not yet work

success

Neil

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:47:01 am

I tried this I still haven't gotten wireless working if I can't get WiFi working that will be okay.