This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Hello, please I tried installing Zorin OS lite 12.4

Puprecio

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:54:41 am

Hello, please I tried installing Zorin OS lite on my Samsung N45 notebook by trying to install alongside windows 7.
The laptop is 32 bit. I have an Intel processor (not sure which) with 1GB RAM and the process seems to get stuck after i click install now giving me error;

[2362.677439] sd 5:0:0:0: [sdc] No Caching mode page found
[2362.677640] sd 5:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
_

The underscore keeps blinking. Please help as I am a total newbie, this is my first try at any OS other than Windows.
I have not shut down the system for fear of corrupting files or process.

I apologize if this seems like a duplicate post as I posted this in Installation forum some minutes ago, but I desperately need help on what to do +I don't know the rules here yet nor which forum its right to post in. However, please help solve the issue. Thank you in advance

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21:52 pm

Hi, as it is a notebook (netbook?) you will need to make some space. Usually, devices such as yours have 4 primary partitions which will cause an issue - usually quick boot, C:/ driver where Windows is, then 2 partitions - 1 for factory resotre and 1 for creating recovery media - you are going to have to lose one of these partitions and then shrink C:\drive - that choice is down to you and DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK! ;)

In the meantime:

https://vimeo.com/110085401

Puprecio

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:46:27 pm

Oh, wow....thank you very much. I'm trying to wrap my head around these. Will do them and get back to you here. Thanks
In the meantime, please how do I roll back all changes made at my first attempt before trying the second time? i also noticed my disk space already reduced using the test option presently...........off to watch the video.....thanks again :D

Puprecio

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:10:13 pm

Quick question please, should I be worried cos I just booted in my windows now and saw that my Local Disk (D:) total space just dropped from 129GB to 69GB.
My Local Disk (C:) however is untouched.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:55:11 am

OK, please tell me what you have done, step by step. ;) :D