This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

File manager windows don't do titling - Zorin 15

masternetra

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:02:52 am

Out of the box I've found that with the file manager windows don't do titling except for full screen, any way to get it do half screens like you can with say a firefox window? (You would think you could do half screens with the file manager giving how it's what your mostly likely to have two snapped next to each other for moving files)

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:13:22 am

It might be the way Nautilus has 'progressed' :-> Can't remember if Thunar has titles or not but it does have a useful utility, batch file renaming. Or you could install midnight commander.

Aravisian

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:47:34 am

Was the O.P. referring to Window Tiling?

I am using Thunar on both Machines. SpaceFM and Nemo are also good File Mangers.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44:39 pm

Wonder if this is what was/is needed?:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/298009/ ... 048#298048

Nemo is a fork of Nautilus (which I was not aware of!) ;) :D

masternetra

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:42:02 pm

I see so it's just a nautilus thing. I wonder why they didn't just use Nemo. Nemo > Nautilus. Oh well I'll just install nemo then.

Aravisian

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41:06 pm

masternetra wrote:I see so it's just a nautilus thing. I wonder why they didn't just use Nemo. Nemo > Nautilus. Oh well I'll just install nemo then.

Nemo is very functional. I am only using Thunar because of a feature it has that Nemo lacked- which is odd. Other than that, Nemo wins hands down as far as ease of use and functionality, in my opnion.
In Nemo, if you hit F3, it creates the window as two side by side panes allowing easy transfer of files and folders. Much better than opening two separate windows. Hit F3 if you want to revert back to one pane when done.
SpaceFM is quite the powerhouse as well.

MBMz10

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11:21 pm

Ctrl and t will give you tabs (similar to browsers) in most file managers.