This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

About Zorin 15 Core Appearence

pcfan5

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:35:49 pm

It is nice designed, however visual esthetic or appearence is too bright, even though I mannage my laptop bright settings or turn on the "night light" on. Also black theme hurts , still too much black, it should be more grey.

Is there anyway to intall more themes... I have tried so through synaptics and set through Zorin Appearance - Aplications (just belowed the themes) , but so few themes... is there another way?. gnome - tweak?

Regards.

Ps: It was imposible to boot from multi-boot pen drive created with YUMI

Aravisian

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57:24 pm

pcfan5 wrote:It is nice designed, however visual esthetic or appearence is too bright, even though I mannage my laptop bright settings or turn on the "night light" on. Also black theme hurts , still too much black, it should be more grey.

Is there anyway to intall more themes... I have tried so through synaptics and set through Zorin Appearance - Aplications (just belowed the themes) , but so few themes... is there another way?. gnome - tweak?

Regards.

Ps: It was imposible to boot from multi-boot pen drive created with YUMI

I use Unetbootin to create bootable USB (a suggestion made by Swarfendor).

I really like the Vertex-Dark theme for GTK3; you can download it from git.hub or gnome-look.org, but I personally found the best install to be the one done from Terminal.
And you can browse gnome-look for other themes that look good, as well. If testing (Which I have been doing a LOT of lately) an OS on LiveCD/USB, I usually download the themes, icons, files, fluff, whatever onto a second USB and then access it for the testing OS that way, rather than trying to download over the internet on the testing livecd, either on system or on VirtualBox.
I hope some of this helps.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:09:11 am

Look for GTK3 themes on opendesktop/gnome-look.org. My current favourite is a midnight-blue one mainly because menu highlight is better. Give the DeLorean theme a trial. I find using Tweaks the best way to install. They need to be in .zip format. I'll post screen shots later and will include in Manual once I've got the main elements done. ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:42:33 pm

OK, download your favourite theme/s from opendesktop to try:

Themes2.jpg

Select e.g., DeLorean Dark:

Select a theme.jpg

Choose it:

ChosenTheme.jpg

Open Zorin Appearance and change Applications Settings to Adwaita-Dark to make it consistent with DeLorean for example:

Adwaita-dark.jpg

Hope this mini-tutorial has helped you pcfan5! ;) :D

Before I forget, Tweaks appears to need the theme in .zip format to install - if a theme is in .tar.gz format, just extract and recompress as a .zip file. :D

pcfan5

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31:44 pm

Thank you so very much guys!!!. this will be helpfull indeed!!!. many thanks @ for the ideas and @swarf for the tutorial!!!

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:20:28 pm

Hi pcfan5,

I've found a new Gnome Shell Extension which you will really like:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/ ... nsparency/

and it works beautifully!

I've updated the manual for Zorin 15 Core accordingly (page 27) - with thanks to Atento for pointing out my error! :oops:

DynapicPanelTransparency.jpg