This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Downloading Photos

pipercub45

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:06:19 pm

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 phone and I am wanting to download photos from the phone to the program Shotwell. Shotwell seams to recognize the phone but when I try to import the photos I get this message "Unable to fetch previews from camera. Could not claim the USB device (-53)". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49:29 pm

How are you trying to connect? I have a OP 3T and I usually connect with USB C cable to USB port on PC, then tap the USB notification and change it from 'charging' to 'file transfer' - I usually prefer that method but there is also an option to transfer photos (mtp I think) - this should transfer your photos to your Photos folder then manage your photos with Shotwell AFTER transfer. ;) :D

pipercub45

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:19:47 am

I have a USB cord that goes from the charging port on the phone to a USB port on the computer. I turned on my phone and selected "camera". I opened "shotwell". A screen with "starting import, please wait". I waited a good five minutes and no pictures showed up. I got a note saying I had to enable a "preference". I picked under Library location" "import photos to:" "library" and was just about to tell you no pictures and they started showing up. They are still there. Hopefully I can duplicate the situation in the future. Thanks for the help!

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12:41 pm

Can we mark this thread as [RESOLVED]? ;) :D

pipercub45

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:49:34 pm

Please tell me how to do that and I will be happy to.
Thanks.

Finston Pickle

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:19:04 pm

Go to your fist post in this thread, click the edit post box (top right) put (SOLVED) in front of the original Subject i.e. (SOLVED) Re: Downloading Photos. Click "submit" and hey presto, solved thread.

pipercub45

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:46:28 pm

Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:45:10 pm

It helps if you leave the subject in the OP! Just in case other users are having similar issues. ;) :D