ZorinOs Lite 12.4 - Ubuntu Start Screen ? - Big mess booting

Re: ZorinOs Lite 12.4 - Ubuntu Start Screen ? - Big mess boo

Postby pcfan5 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:https://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13887&hilit=+Multisystem

It's an old version but will update after you put your password in the terminal.

thank you!
pcfan5

Postby pcfan5 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Update, I keep having the same error . I have tried to apply the suggestion given in the link but I don't know very well how to run those comands in console. So I followed what I know, and remove the ISO with "multisystem" and added again, in a different order ( I previously formated the usbunit, which is a new one) I don't have problems with 12.4 ISO under virtual box, (as an image CD).
I don't have problems booting my USBunit / pendrive with 12.3 ISO.
Another suggestion? regarding ways to "fix" the USB, or :?: maybe multisystem isn't compatible with this new zorin ISO.? :?: :!:

Update 2: Sames Happens with Zorin Core 12.4 Version. Anyway, as I wasn't able to avoid the updater manager for updating kernel I now got and upgrade to 12.4 :roll: :lol:
pcfan5

Postby pcfan5 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi there!!, I would like to tell that I discharged any problem in the USB drive, but I asume the problem regarding ZorinOS 12.4 Core a Lite ISO versions (both gave me the ubuntu screen posted above), is related to multisystem, I have many other ISO in my pendrive , each working. What do you think? Has anyone else tried putting Zorin 12.4 in a pendrive with multisystem and another distros in it?
pcfan5

Postby Swarfendor437 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi, I haven't got round to trying 12.4 on a USB yet. I recently had an update come through on MultiSystem via SoftwareUpdater. ;) :D
https://vimeo.com/user15592214
https://trisquel.info/
https://www.opendesktop.org/member/257685/

Machine: ASUS X470-PRO, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 Core, 16 Gb RAM, ZOTAC Geforce GT1030 (2 Gb)
Swarfendor437

Postby pcfan5 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:04 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I haven't got round to trying 12.4 on a USB yet. I recently had an update come through on MultiSystem via SoftwareUpdater. ;) :D

WOW ! that news comes in handy ; )
pcfan5

Postby pcfan5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Hello again, The same issue again.... is it a multisystem problem?

I have set in a pendrive several ISO with MULTISYSTEM , linuxmint, linux MX , windows 10 , everything boots but Zorin Lite 14.3 and Redo Back up tool don't . Still getting this message..

20190616_125434.jpg

I don't get this under Yumi. However under YUMI I got other issues.... I like to have this pendrive as a tool for working... I don't want to format it everytime I need a ISO, because sometimes it is needed especially when OS get broken.

How can I sovled this? the solution given in the screen don't work , anyway I am not in a Windows enviroment.

My laptop is from 2012, it has Bios, not big trouble there.
pcfan5

Postby Aravisian » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:41 am

It tells you to "gracefully" shut down.

I love it.

Are you using these as Portable O.S. that restore to default after each use or that are physically installed and save data after use?
Aravisian

Postby pcfan5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:05 am

Aravisian wrote:It tells you to "gracefully" shut down.

I love it.

Are you using these as Portable O.S. that restore to default after each use or that are physically installed and save data after use?

Potable use, just for installation purposes.
pcfan5

Postby Aravisian » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:50 am

pcfan5 wrote:
Aravisian wrote:It tells you to "gracefully" shut down.

I love it.

Potable use, just for installation purposes.

Ah, then the workaround I was thinking of won't work for you. Others may have more helpful suggestions, but honestly, if it was me, I would just unetbootin another usb and dongle it on a keychain with your current USB. You would have to supply another USB gig stick, and it's not the perfect solution we may want... but it probably is the simplest to get you up and running.
Personally, I always created a new USB bootable for each installation to avoid problems.
Aravisian

Postby pcfan5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:59 am

Thanks. The truth is I don't understand this failure... It all started with the Zorin 15 ISO not being able to but after adding the image to the flashdrive with YUMI. I usualy find problems trying to make multiboot USB when adding Zorin Images.
On the other hand I like to keep a linux ISO close just in case my linux gets broken and I don't have another computer near
pcfan5

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support