This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installing Zorin OS on tablet?

thisiwonder

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:09:45 am

Hello!

I was wondering, is it possible to install Zorin OS on a tablet computer if it matches the system requirements? Is the Zorin OS made to be used on tablets also?

Thank you :)

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:24:28 pm

Zorin should be installable on a tablet looking at the promotional video but how to do it? I have just looked at the installation guide that Zorin provides but only for a computer - I will PM AZorin. ;) :D

AZorin

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:10:16 pm

Hello,
Zorin OS can be installed on PC (Intel x86) based tablets if the hardware configuration is supported by available drivers under Linux.

bellb300

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:48:50 pm

Does that mean that this tablet is compatible?
Dell 8 7840?
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en ... /fbcf10f43

star treker

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:49:51 pm

One thing I can tell you, is that there is no way your going to install it on a Google Android tablet or an Apple tablet. Both tablets are equally locked preventing you from installing other OS's. But if its a PC based tablet like a Windows tablet, you might be able to over-ride it and install Zorin. I don't know anything about Dell tablets, but that sounds like a PC tablet to me, as long as its not running Android or Apple IOS lol.

emfietzi

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46:36 am

What's about 64bits?