This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Connect App features gone missing.

bolanian273

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:46:35 pm

I have been using zorin connect for quite some time but today when I tired to use the remotely controlling the mouse etc feature, it was not there along with the presentation mode also. Only send files, multimedia control and run command is present.
I have all the plugins enabled on mobile as well as the PC app.

Screenshot_20190912-213236.png
Screenshot_20190912-213556.png
Screenshot_20190912-213610.png

Kindly help regarding this thanks.

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:37:20 am

I've had similar issues on my 1+ 3T - it started playing up after it upgraded from Oreo to Pie - wonder if this is the issue? There was an update to the app in May and I haven't been able to use it at all since. I will PM AZorin. ;)

bolanian273

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:17:40 pm

I my case there was no update in-between when the issue occurred. I have even tried booting from live USB to check if something is wrong with my setup but it was even missing there.
I just made my switch from Ubuntu to Zorin 1 month back and I am pretty much dependent on this feature for my University presentation as a student. Still working great on Ubuntu as I tested few hours back on Vbox. Now I am thinking to go back to old one since I got a week left before new session starts.
I will keep an eye on the issue and hope it get fixed otherwise there could be good bye till version 16 ( which I seriously don't want).

Aravisian

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:21:54 am

I am not sure how Connect works.
When I want to transfer files phone to computer, I plug it in using the USB cord. Not only do I easily transfer files, I get some electricity stuffed into my battery as a bonus.

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55:52 am

Aravisian wrote:I am not sure how Connect works.
When I want to transfer files phone to computer, I plug it in using the USB cord. Not only do I easily transfer files, I get some electricity stuffed into my battery as a bonus.

Aravisian, the key element for bolanian273 is not file transfer but using his smartphone as remote control for presentational use in his University course. Apart from mirroring web page on notebook to phone (useful for you to refer to if using web browser for presentation and not having to look away from the audience, plus you can use it as a mouse so no need to look down at notebook to click on next slide if using presentation in LibreOffice). ;)

No response to PM yet with link to this thread so am sending another one now. ;)

AZorin

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:13:42 am

Hello,
It appears that you may have selected to use the Wayland display server, which is currently experimental does not fully support the remote features of Zorin Connect yet. In order to switch back to the standard (X.org) display server which should fix the issue for you, please follow these steps:
    At the login screen, please select your username.
    Click on the gear icon beside the sign in button to open the desktop environment menu.
    Select the "Zorin Desktop" option, not the option ending with "on Wayland".
    You should now be able to log in normally

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:22:32 am

Hi AZorin,

I never login to Wayland myself and I can no longer connect my 1+ 3T that worked prior to Pie update. Also before the Android update in May it recognised it as 1+ 3T but then it changed - it sees it but won't do anything else, unlike when it was first installed with earlier kernel.

bolanian273

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:28:40 pm

AZorin wrote:Hello,
It appears that you may have selected to use the Wayland display server, which is currently experimental does not fully support the remote features of Zorin Connect yet. In order to switch back to the standard (X.org) display server which should fix the issue for you, please follow these steps:
    At the login screen, please select your username.
    Click on the gear icon beside the sign in button to open the desktop environment menu.
    Select the "Zorin Desktop" option, not the option ending with "on Wayland".
    You should now be able to log in normally

Thanks it worked, although I was not using Wayland but switched to Wayland and than back to X.org and everything is back to normal.