This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

mouse low battery notification

carmar

Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:59:15 pm

I'm getting these at startup. Any way to turn them off without turning off notifications altogether? The Power tab on the Settings menu doesn't allow anything else other than looking at the measured battery level.

Aravisian

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:32:34 pm

Yes, change your battery.
:D

carmar

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:44:17 pm

Aahhh! You jinxed me. As I clicked to respond my mouse died and I had to pop in a new battery.

Interestingly, the mouse does not show under Power tab if I have my phone plugged in the USB - the phone takes over its place. Maybe that is a way to stop the OS from nagging me about my mouse? But it sounds too a la Windows. :oops:

Update - Nope. Mouse power monitor shows now after a small wait. Its not going to let me off the hook on this one.

Aravisian

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:18:38 am

carmar wrote:Aahhh! You jinxed me. As I clicked to respond my mouse died and I had to pop in a new battery.

Interestingly, the mouse does not show under Power tab if I have my phone plugged in the USB - the phone takes over its place. Maybe that is a way to stop the OS from nagging me about my mouse? But it sounds too a la Windows. :oops:

Update - Nope. Mouse power monitor shows now after a small wait. Its not going to let me off the hook on this one.

Will have to let Swarfendor save us all on this one. I know so little about Zorin 15, it is embarrassing. I am still reveling in 12.4 and not planning on letting up any time soon. I am curious of what Zorin 15 Lite will have to offer, though.

Beware of this, however: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1798166

You MAY consider disabling UPower by running
Code:
systemctl stop upower
and
Code:
systemctl mask upower.

Not sure of the consequences of trying that are, though.

EDIT: Proofreading this post, I see a lot of "though's " and "however's" in it. I don't know why, though. I will try better next time, however.

carmar

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:27:42 pm

Thanks, A.
I'll pass on disabling UPower. Interesting thread you cited - I have used rechargeables interchangeably. Maybe I should just let this one go? :|

PS - I appreciate all those "thoughs" and "howevers".