This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Language packs for Firefox updates! FireFox not installed

ilivefortheone

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:44:37 am

So, Why am I getting Firefox Language packs in my updates? I do not have FireFox installed and only have English Language installed.

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:08:19 pm

OK, Zorin by default comes with Firefox and whilst you don't have it installed, language packs are a separate bundle so they will come through I guess even if you don't have it installed. If you haven't got synaptic package manager installed, install it from the software channel then open it (you'll need to enter your login password for root privileges to make changes) search for Firefox Language Packs (or just Language Packs) then click on the 'S' at the top of the 'S' column and all installed language packs will be arranged at the top of the window - mark each one you don't need for removal and then click on 'apply' to remove them - you should then no longer get any more updates. Also whilst you are at it, ensure that your updates come from 'Main Server' and not your country server where you are based (as stated in the Unofficial Manual for Zorin that I authored). ;) :D

mdiemer

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:59:14 pm

Search in Synaptic under the "up-gradable" filter. That should bring them up, then you just mark them for removal and remove.

ilivefortheone

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50:48 am

Thanks for that. Cleaned it right up.