This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

look-changer doesnt start

sylvio2000

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:35:52 am

Hi, I installed ZOS 5 Core and like to start the look-changer but nothing happens.

In terminal I get the following message:

look-changer
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/look-changer", line 256, in <module>
Changer()
File "/usr/bin/look-changer", line 116, in __init__
self.win7 = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(".look-changer/Screenshots/7.png")# The Windows 7 picture
glib.GError: Datei ».look-changer/Screenshots/7.png« konnte nicht geöffnet werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

In my home directory there is no .look-changer folder.

Any ideas?

sylvio2000

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07:34 pm

Yes the iso matches the md5. But I used an usb stick. I have an Nvidia gt210. First I tried the standard drivers (dont know which are installed by default). Then I installed through "additional drivers" the official Nvidia drivers. No luck.
Then I tried the "experimental drivers", but nothing changed.

I didnt even have an .look-changer folder.

I have ZOS X64 installed (if this is of any importance ;) )

AZorin

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17:03 pm

This issue is odd, you can try this: open up the file browser and click on "Filesystem" on the left pane and go to /etc/skel. Then hit Ctrl+H to view the hidden files. Copy over the .look-changer folder from there to your home folder where all your files are and try to open the Look Changer.

rscott4581

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:54:13 am

Very much so, and it was a BEAR to get actually working in Ubuntu, but totally do-able! If you just boot off the DVD does it work then?

( You have to View Hidden files to see the .Look-changer folder... )

sylvio2000

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:59:13 am

IT WORKS!

Thanks Azorin, you did it :). Now everything is fine.

I thank you all for your help. Very nice forum.

embra55

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:55:55 pm

Hi there,
Just like to say that I had the same problem, after updating from O.S.4, to O.S.5, where didn't format my home folder (although I deleted everything except my video folder), and ended up with Gnome desktop (which i have never liked). After much searching of the forums through lots of meaningless post titles (I do wish that people would give meaningful titles to their posts) I found your answer here. Worked a treat. So thanks for the solution.
Thanks.
embra55