This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Our thoughts with Oz ...

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:55:07 pm

Australia has had far from a great start to 2020 with all the bush fires that are currently underway. Hoping MBMz10 and all people in South West Australia will get through this. Our deepest condolences to the relatives of people whose homes and lives that have been lost. :cry:

ozstar

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:42:49 am

Thank you. It has been very bad and still is in many areas of the South East (NSW and Vic) mainly along the coasts although in other areas and states too.

The very worst of it is, that most are started by humans. Just today 3 12 year olds were caught and some as young as 7 and as old as 71 have been previously caught, virtually every day or two.

Who knows what drives people to do this when death and total destruction is the result.

There are even eports some are using it to up their fear campaign about 'Climate Change' and blaming it as the reason for the fires.

If one bothers to look through history, Wikipedia, Google , Trove and other archives, they will see this is Australia's bad edge of 'normal'. We are the worlds' driest continent and the worst of the droughts come every few years. If during the better times and in the winter, nothing is done to eliminate the under brush from the forests, this is what happens. Now in some cases it is over a metre tall.

Recent 'Green' laws have seen farmers fined up to $50,000 for trying to create firebreaks around their properties. Many suicides and even 1 murder of a government official preying on a near 80 year old farmer who was trying to put a break around his property. It is now also unlawful to have animals eat and trample under brush in the National Forests or to bulldoze tracks for fire prevention. Sheer craziness.

It is very sad, and very easy to blame it on some 'Climate Change' when in fact it is individuals and governments to blame.

This is not politically,but factually motivated.

Thank you for your concern, it it appreciated.

Aravisian

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:01:42 pm

ozstar wrote:Thank you. It has been very bad and still is in many areas of the South East (NSW and Vic) mainly along the coasts although in other areas and states too.

The very worst of it is, that most are started by humans. Just today 3 12 year olds were caught and some as young as 7 and as old as 71 have been previously caught, virtually every day or two.

Who knows what drives people to do this when death and total destruction is the result.

There are even eports some are using it to up their fear campaign about 'Climate Change' and blaming it as the reason for the fires.

If one bothers to look through history, Wikipedia, Google , Trove and other archives, they will see this is Australia's bad edge of 'normal'. We are the worlds' driest continent and the worst of the droughts come every few years. If during the better times and in the winter, nothing is done to eliminate the under brush from the forests, this is what happens. Now in some cases it is over a metre tall.

Recent 'Green' laws have seen farmers fined up to $50,000 for trying to create firebreaks around their properties. Many suicides and even 1 murder of a government official preying on a near 80 year old farmer who was trying to put a break around his property. It is now also unlawful to have animals eat and trample under brush in the National Forests or to bulldoze tracks for fire prevention. Sheer craziness.

It is very sad, and very easy to blame it on some 'Climate Change' when in fact it is individuals and governments to blame.

This is not politically,but factually motivated.

Thank you for your concern, it it appreciated.

For the fallacies of some individuals,it is up to other individuals. For all the craziness, there must also be sanity out there to counter it.
Fight- and help those in need.

Finston Pickle

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:58:54 pm

Very sorry it has happened - but-

Interesting link here that supports non climate change factors:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... res-worse/

Aravisian

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:26:32 pm

Finston Pickle wrote:Very sorry it has happened - but-

Interesting link here that supports non climate change factors:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... res-worse/

Agreed. Poor management is responsible. In California, the same problem persists.

ozstar

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:42:25 pm

and now today we see this from last year... as I was saying about who is doing most of this.... Unbelievable but they found the ends of giant fire hoses cut off at a fire station near us. I hope they have CCTV of the b.....s who nave done this.
https://www.hawkesburygazette.com.au/st ... vandalism/

star treker

Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:33:30 am

Its one thing to have an arsonist who loves to watch fire burn, but they don't usually go around vandalizing the local fire stations. People who start fires and destroy expensive fire stations equipment, those are truly evil people. Because they know exactly what they are doing, they want to destroy people's homes, and prevent the fire department from putting out the fire.

Honestly, people who are cereal killers, must have the same mindset as these fire starters. Cause it appears to me that they want to murder people, just like all these shootings that go on every single day. Now, as I understand it, Australia has strict gun control, so that is not as much an issue there. But in America the issue is rampid and only getting worse every year, because we allow psycho's to own assault rifles with 100 round magazines.

Anybody who starts a fire with malicious intent should all serve a mandatory sentence of 10-years if nobody dies as a result of it. If people die as a result of the fire they started, it should be a mandatory 50-years minimum. Once the government begins to really crack down on those aholes, then the crimes will stop. Unless they don't value their own life through self preservation that is. And some of these criminals are like a suicide squad.

In America, some of the shootings that actually happen, are because they want to die themselves, and they get themselves killed by cop, hence suicide. Eventually, were going to reach a technological development in medicine, where we get diagnose a to be psycho at the age of an infant. Then we can put measures in place that prevent them from acting out maliciously when they are older.

MBMz10

Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:00:19 am

Swarffendor437, thanks for asking, I'm about 80-100 KM East of the Victorian fires at Bairnsdale, up in the bush. Yesterday ( Jan 3 2020) I woke to the smell of smoke due to overnight easterly winds. Visibility was less than about 5 KM as I couldn't see the mountain in front of the house, just a dirty smoke haze.

Having looked at the links posted above by ozstar and Finston Pickle and comments by others and lived in this region for 50 plus years, a few things stood out.

Not only is mismanagement a (the) major issue, compounded by arsonists with intent or kids being ???? but also seeing those fire hoses cut seems like taking things to a whole new level. That is scary. I can't believe someone would do that, well guess I can now.

My mind is racing with what other s*** these scum might do to cause death and destruction, what has happened to us.

Growing up on a farm in the aussie bush with brothers we did some stupid stuff, playing with fire, yep we did. But not in the hay stack or near the fuel bowsers or in the summer months. A fair amount of camping with camp fires without issues also.

Mismanagement of forests, water and other resources due to 'politics' forced upon us often with hidden agendas and players in the background, who really knows?
Malicious intent by arsonists and sabotaging efforts of others, mostly volunteers, whether by design or individuals acting alone the net result is the same.

Maybe the so called powers to be will use this to enact more 'special' powers over us such as what happened after port Arthur in tassie, and similar in NZ in March of 2019 or 9ll. I smell a rat in the background.

I always though politics was full of it, even as a youngster and have never bothered with it until the last few years as I started to 'see' more of what was actually going on around us daily and began to notice what these idiots were actually doing, allegedly.

Bush fires are a natural and necessary part of the aussie bush, but this is not, and much, maybe not all, of this death and destruction would be avoided with the right strategy in place rather than laws designed to hinder peoples own self empowerment and destinies.

Seems like the rats in the background have different ideas/agendas, coming from higher places. One only need look at the circus unfolding in the USA or the UK and other places. Playing games to distract our attention from what is actually going on.

Bush fires are just another tool they use against us. They are not on our side or for the people. Controlled burns would have much less impact on the 'environment' and their climate lies than what is happening now. Not to mention animal and human life and property.

An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure.

Most of the so called 'disasters' on the fake news are a 'symptom' of a much much greater problem.

Aravisian

Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:32:03 am

MBMz10 wrote:Playing games to distract our attention from what is actually going on.
Most of the so called 'disasters' on the fake news are a 'symptom' of a much much greater problem.

star treker wrote:In America, some of the shootings that actually happen, are because they want to die themselves, and they get themselves killed by cop, hence suicide.

There is wisdom in this thread.

MBMz10

Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:26:26 am

Or some actually happen

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34:51 pm

Stay safe MBMz10. My thoughts are with you and yours friend. :(