This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

lock HDMI otput forever?

Binarys

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:53:22 pm

Hi friends,
is there any way to lock sound HDMI output in ZORIN OS forever ?
I use the TV as a monitor for my laptop and I always have to adjust the sound manually after startup.
Can anyone advise please?
Binarys

Swarfendor437

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13:28 pm

Hi, from what I have read on submissions by star treker the best way is to boot notebook first, switch on TV, then add the hdmi cable to the notebook. ;) :D

Binarys

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26:29 am

Dear friend,
your help this time completely covers the initial start-up of a laptop with HDMI output, BUT I HAVE A QUESTION HOW TO FORCE THE AUDIO OUT TO WORK TO HDMI immediately after starting the OS without having to play with the cabling. My question is if there is any key in the audio output SETTINGS, hard forcing audio to HDMI?
The laptop will give the command to output to HDMI at startup, but during the opening jingle the audio output will run to the laptop's audio output and I MUST adjust it manually, which annoys me a bit. :(
I must also mention that the VIDEO output for HDMI is always OK.
Binarys

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:01:33 pm

Thanks for clearing that up - if you want to disable the inbuilt audio chipset then you need to blacklist it - mine was a reversal - had to blacklist HDMI so I could get my Soundblaster IRQ being grabbed by HDMI!

https://www.techtimejourney.net/how-to- ... -in-linux/

Binarys

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:50:05 am

Dear friend,
this way is not what i need, because it completely disable my HDMI sound output.
However, thank you for trying to help.
Binarys

Aravisian

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:03:04 am

This is odd, because HDMI sound should be the first reading by default.

https://itsfoss.com/fix-sound-ubuntu-1404/