This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

about zorin 6

kairomatrix

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20:01 pm

Hi as many user know ubuntu 12.04 [ precise pangoln] is already available.....the base of Zorin. But my question is... will be the new zorin 6 release be supported by 5 year as Ubuntu 12.04? Someone in the forum know?

madvinegar

Tue May 01, 2012 6:11:30 am

I will copy and paste the exact words of Artyom Zorin.

"Our next version will be based on Ubuntu 12.04 and will be an LTS release provided with 5 years of security updates".

Hope this answers your question.

Wolfman

Wed May 02, 2012 5:41:58 am

Wow!, an Irish-Russian, who would have thought it!!, next you'll be telling me there are Polish-Americans??. :D :D :D :D

kairomatrix

Thu May 10, 2012 4:27:30 pm

Is great to see the information about sr zorin. Apart, the initial question , the zorin 6 version will going to pass by alpha, betha rc1 rc2 version? or simple will be throw the stable final release? I know i am been too inquisitive with these question but noone feel forced to give me an answer , somethimes " i understant" only the developer have this special detail in his thinkings . But could be interesting to know about this anyway. Thanks to the friend of zorin here always putting attention to our inquiries. [To spanish speaker]; Me sorprendio que mensionara que hay muchos usuarios de zorin en Puerto Rico. Si alguien - de la isla - lee estas lineas me gustaria tener comunicasion para compartir experiencias sobre Zorin. Gracias.

Wolfman

Thu May 10, 2012 6:44:35 pm

Buenos dias amigo,

it will not be released until all the bugs are out of it!!.

Asta la vista amigo :D

Regards Wolfman :D