This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

VLC Skins

Dai

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:28:38 pm

Just thought I would pass this on, when skinning vlc in Zorin 6 lxde you end up with two windows open on the task bar one called vlc media player as normal and one called vlc(topwindow).
Probably similar problem that happened with short cuts where two apps started. Just tried skins in joli os and it is fine there.
Anyway thought I would pass this on, and just in case anyone does know the cure let me know.

Thanks
Dai

Wolfman

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:15:09 am

Hi Dai,

I would simply try uninstalling and re-installing VLC including the vlc file which you will find hidden in: file system > usr > share > vlc

Remove vlc completely using Synaptic, that should take out all the files, just check the path given above to make sure that that folder is gone, if it isn't, press Alt + F2 and type "gksudo nautilus" and delete the folder as "root".

Re-install VLC when finished.

Regards Wolfman :D

Dai

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:15:35 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi Dai,

I would simply try uninstalling and re-installing VLC including the vlc file which you will find hidden in: file system > usr > share > vlc

Remove vlc completely using Synaptic, that should take out all the files, just check the path given above to make sure that that folder is gone, if it isn't, press Alt + F2 and type "gksudo nautilus" and delete the folder as "root".

Re-install VLC when finished.

Tried it didn't work couldn't find a hidden file in usr > share > vlc not even as root.
Even tried moving the whole folder from usr > share that deffinately didn't work still got two vlc in task bar (just to clarify they both belong to the one instance though).

Wolfman

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:57:01 am

Hi,

try and find every file containing VLC (including hidden!) and delete them all manually, thats all I can suggest!!. Sudo to "root" if necessary!!.

madvinegar

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:21:55 am

Just a short comment. I am using 5.2 core, and i have tried changing various VLC skins without any problem (of double instances etc.).
So, is this probably associated with Zorin6 lxde ...?

Dai

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22:23 pm

Don't think it has changed yet.

the only hidden files have this info in them
#
# Access-list for VLC HTTP interface
# $Id$
#

# localhost
::1

# link-local addresses
#fe80::/64

# private addresses
#fc00::/7
#fec0::/10
#10.0.0.0/8
#172.16.0.0/12
#192.168.0.0/16
#169.254.0.0/16

# The world (uncommenting these 2 lines is not quite safe)
#::/0
#0.0.0.0/0

It lives in /usr/share/vlc/lua/http
will try moving it to root Just to see.

madvinegar

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50:49 pm

Actually a final edition of zorin 6 lite has been released (not RC).

Check here: http://zoringroup.com/blog/2012/03/19/z ... -released/

Probably Dai you have the RC edition. Why not try installing the final lite release as per the link I mention above?